Recently I started using Doors CS 7 on my 84+ SE (monochrome) and now I've got a couple of questions that I couldn't answer with the help of the manual, or I might have overlooked something.

First of: Is there any way to select multiple programs and then perform an action (move/hide/archive/etc) only once instead of having to repeat it per program?

Once hidden, the programs are no longer listed under PRGM, nor are they listed under memory management, but they are also not listed after accessing the Link-menu, for transfer to pc/other TI-device. Do I need to temporarily unhide every program before it's possible to do a transfer to another device or is there another way?

And last but not least, which file needs to be backed up (to pc) in order to preserve the program settings (hide/lock/etc) and the folder structure? This for whatever reason the TI needs to be fully reset. (Plus, I always prefer to have a backup of pretty much everything Smile )
I don't think you can multi-select with vanilla DCS, however DCS tabs may provide this function. Warning, it will completely change the functionality of the mouse. Wink

Yes you muse unhide the program you want to view outside of Doors or transfer. (You don't need to unhide every program that's hidden)

I would suggest backing up the DCS7 and DCS7b app var. That's the only app vars DCS makes so folder structure must be in one of them.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I don't think you can multi-select with vanilla DCS, however DCS tabs may provide this function. Warning, it will completely change the functionality of the mouse. Wink
Hmm, I'll have a look at that, thanks for the tip Smile

TheLastMillennial wrote:
Yes you muse unhide the program you want to view outside of Doors or transfer. (You don't need to unhide every program that's hidden)
Okay.

TheLastMillennial wrote:
I would suggest backing up the DCS7 and DCS7b app var. That's the only app vars DCS makes so folder structure must be in one of them.
Noted, thanks Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours