Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I would like to be able to write an app in source coder. When programming in z80 ASM, you can switch from "Program" to "App", but when you try to test or export the app it says that "Signing Apps is not yet implemented," and I can't find a way to get around this. Sad
I would like a "Find and Replace / Replace All" feature. Currently you can search within the code using Ctrl-F, but you can't perform a replace operation at all.
ElectroRedstoner wrote:
I would like to be able to write an app in source coder. When programming in z80 ASM, you can switch from "Program" to "App", but when you try to test or export the app it says that "Signing Apps is not yet implemented," and I can't find a way to get around this. Sad


MateoC found a way around that, and made Cesium an app. You can ask him for info.
Cesium is ez80, I think ElectroRedstoner wants to know about z80, which is the monochrome calcs.
SM84CE wrote:
Cesium is ez80, I think ElectroRedstoner wants to know about z80, which is the monochrome calcs.


Ok then. Ask someone else.
I know that you can assemble your code with something like Spasm or Brass, then sign the assembled program with RabbitSign, then send that assembled program to a calculator/an emulator, but it would just be so much easier if all of that could just be done is source coder. I'd imagine that it shouldn't be too hard: we already have an assembler and we can send programs to an emulator, so all that is left is signing an app before developing apps becomes that much easier.
The green banner that appears whenever the program gets automatically saved is getting really annoying to me. It keeps popping up when I try to click on a certain part of code, resulting in me clicking 2 lines too high!
I like that it tells me that the program is saved, I just don't like that it moves the box of code. Instead of a drop down banner, I'd like to see one of these solutions:
1. (most crude solution) The banner drops down, but covers up the tabs
2. An empty space dedicated for this banner when it appears
3. The banner to appear on the side
4. Anywhere that doesn't interfere with me inputting code!

Maybe when it does save, to notify the user, the background could flash a shade of green?

Why was pushing down the code box even a thing in the first place? Razz
Please (please) implement comment blocks. You know, the ones that start with /* and end with */

I don't know if anyone is working on these suggestions, but they would be greatly appreciated Smile
I like the way GitHub hosts code A LOT. I like it sometimes more than SC because of the way it looks. Clean, and I like the font. The way it is right now is pretty nice. I'd just like it to be whiter in the code area, and similar colors for syntax highlighting to the ones on GitHub.
Michael2_3B wrote:
Please (please) implement comment blocks. You know, the ones that start with /* and end with */

I don't know if anyone is working on these suggestions, but they would be greatly appreciated Smile

Sure I am. I was already 'busy' with rewriting the code for removing single-line comments (sometimes they removed too much whitespace before them), so I might also take a look at multiple-line comments Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
The green banner that appears whenever the program gets automatically saved is getting really annoying to me. It keeps popping up when I try to click on a certain part of code, resulting in me clicking 2 lines too high!
I like that it tells me that the program is saved, I just don't like that it moves the box of code. Instead of a drop down banner, I'd like to see one of these solutions:
1. (most crude solution) The banner drops down, but covers up the tabs
2. An empty space dedicated for this banner when it appears
3. The banner to appear on the side
4. Anywhere that doesn't interfere with me inputting code!

Maybe when it does save, to notify the user, the background could flash a shade of green?

Why was pushing down the code box even a thing in the first place? Razz

2.5 month poke.
With a bit of help from PT_, I fixed the push-down issue and the random HTML insertion when errors occur bug.

Here are all of the changes:
CSS:

Code:
#tokenize_result {
   border: 2px solid #444;
   color: #fff;
   max-height: 150px;
   overflow: auto;
   width: 220px;
   padding: 2px;
   margin: 5px;
   position: relative;
   top: 170px;
}


HTML:
The #tokenize_result div needs to be moved to the bottom of the .token_pane div.

JS:
In the setEdMsgBad function, tokres.text needs to be tokres.html.

This is one of those times where using jQuery is entirely unnecessary. If you look at the jQuery source, .html and .text are literally just wrapper functions for the .innerHTML and .innerText DOM attributes. According to my testing, the jQuery method is over 100 times slower on the latest version of Chrome. (Then again, I'm extremely anti-jQuery. Why do developers insert large amounts of relatively slow code? It doesn't even add any new functionality!)
In addition to the green banner, there is also a box that hovers over the code when saving. It says "Waiting for Network...", and if the network connection is slow, it will say that too.

Honestly this box is really obnoxious, especially when you're busy writing code and it keeps popping up every so often. Like please, stop covering up my code, I'm trying to see what I'm writing here.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

It doesn't even add any new functionality!

Jquery isn't really meant to add functionality per say, it's supposed to simplify JS for common uses.

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
According to my testing, the jQuery method is over 100 times slower on the latest version of Chrome. (Then again, I'm extremely anti-jQuery. Why do developers insert large amounts of relatively slow code?)

The speed of a library is dependent on many different things. For example, the browser and machine you are using. Other factors to take into consideration is whether you're loading Jquery from another source on the internet (if so, include the library locally), are you using the minified file (if not, use the minified file), are you using the slim version that excludes deprecated code, etc. All those things can affect the speed of Jquery/a JS library.

Also, you don't have to use all of Jquery if you don't need to. Link.
Suggestion:

Highlight some code --> right click --> auto-fix indentation
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 19 of 19
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement