Help! My TI-84+ CE doesn't start up correctly, even after resetting. The screen is partially white and partially filled with random looking pixels. I tried several times turning it on and resetting it, and even took out the battery at the back. Nothing worked.

What can I do to repair my calculator? I'm not so worried about the archive of my calculator as I had most stuff backup-ed on my laptop.

Looks like the screen was damaged from sitting inside a backpack. Sorry about that; there's no way to fix it.
What exactly happens when your press [on]? Is there any response? If the screen is broken, you should just email TI and see what they can do. When you do though, don't make it sound too much your fault, but don't lie (too much). You will probably have to get a new calculator, since the screen *isn't* replaceable. Good luck!
When I press [on] the screen goes white for a second. Then random greenish pixels appear sometimes covering only a few pixels, sometimes covering more than half of the screen (like you can see in the images). When I leave the calculator on the screen keeps getting brighter until the screen looks completely white (abut after a minute). When the calculator is 'on' I can't change anything by pressing buttons, so I can't turn it off. The only way to turn it off it by resetting it.

I tested holding 2nd+del and then pressing reset, but the calculator didn't even turn on after that. I also tried sending the OS but TI-Connect CE didn't detect it when the calculator was connected.
I saw the picture earlier today, and I just realized where I had seen it before, I had a problem with Cesium, whenever I had an error on a basic program, it showed that screen, but when I pressed reset, it went back to the home screen, so I don't think your screen is broken, hope this helps.
I've also experienced that before. I was running an early version of ICE and it froze my screen. I pressed the reset button, the same screen popped up, so I had to get a new calculator. It could be a corruption in the system.
john35588 wrote:
I saw the picture earlier today, and I just realized where I had seen it before, I had a problem with Cesium, whenever I had an error on a basic program, it showed that screen, but when I pressed reset, it went back to the home screen, so I don't think your screen is broken, hope this helps.

I got this error yesterday under the same circumstances. I pressed reset and it fixed everything. Mine occured after I turned on "Automatically Backup RAM On Run".

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours