Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

IF this project was completed, how many people would use it.
Yes, I would use it.
 91%  [ 11 ]
No, I would NOT use it.
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

So i want to make this project that would show all of the ICE commands and their syntax in ICE for calculators. Is there already a project like this or is it unique?
Yes, the [TRACE] menu Laughing
jk, not that I'm aware of, so goodluck! Smile
Thanks! It will take we a while because it will list ALL commands and syntax.
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Thanks! It will take we a while because it will list ALL commands and syntax.
Per my request, PT_ included rudimentary syntax help within the ICE trace menu. For instance, instead of just fillRectangle(, the trace menu now shows fillRectangle(X,Y,W,H). The trace menu does not, however, include in depth explanations for each command like the ones in commands.html. A program like this would be very useful if it contains these full explanations. If you do decide to include these, I would advise making some sort of compression routine to keep the program file size from being massive (use 6 bits for each letter instead of 8; you most likely won't need the whole ASCII chart).
Honestly this could be a real help, as I really hate the idea of carrying the little command cheat-sheet with me everywhere. So just a couple questions...
What programming language? If you do ASM or C it would be cool to have it hooked in with the OS somewhat, so you can type in a line and paste it just as in the OS catalog.

If it's in Basic, the only issue I see is that, if you follow CalcMeister's wise council to compress it, it would be a pain in the ASM to sit for it to decompress. Wink

But honestly, this seems like a rather useful project. Very Happy

[UPDATE] After being yelled at by PT and CalcMeister I did realize that it would make sense to write it in ICE.
How would i write the compression routine
This seems like a great idea!
CodertheBarbarbarian: Some answers to your questions

CodertheBarbarian wrote:
Honestly this could be a real help, as I really hate the idea of carrying the little command cheat-sheet with me everywhere. So just a couple questions...
What programming language?

The programming language would be ICE
CodertheBarbarian wrote:

If it's in Basic, the only issue I see is that, if you follow CalcMeister's wise council to compress it, it would be a pain in the ASM to sit for it to decompress. Wink

Yeah but..... i dont see another way around it.
CalcMeister wrote:
Per my request, PT_ included rudimentary syntax help within the ICE trace menu. For instance, instead of just fillRectangle(, the trace menu now shows fillRectangle(X,Y,W,H). The trace menu does not, however, include in depth explanations for each command like the ones in commands.html. A program like this would be very useful if it contains these full explanations. If you do decide to include these, I would advise making some sort of compression routine to keep the program file size from being massive (use 6 bits for each letter instead of 8; you most likely won't need the whole ASCII chart).

IDK about the full in depth explanations, i'm not sure about the compression routines though. I was going to add basic arguments and ranges in the program.
I have an update on this project:
- The Program Architecture is up and running
- The System and Math menus are complete

Screenshots:



I APOLOGISE FOR THE TERRIBLE SCREENSHOT... AM AWAY FROM HOME COMPUTER WITH CEmu and TI Connect CE installed.
Lookin' NICE!
Dammit! You took my idea!

I was going to do this once I bacame competent in ICE, but I never became competent...
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Dammit! You took my idea!

I was going to do this once I bacame competent in ICE, but I never became competent...


I was thinking about this before as well. It never became a reality though. Now it's coming true! (of course not from me...)
IDK if this will be for v1.5 or 2.0 now that its been released
Better Screenshot:
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Better Screenshot:


COOL!!
Just an update on this project...

I am planning to resume development on this. This will be AFTER PT_ releases ICE v.3. In the meantime, I will be working on NOS.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement