The other day I was changing my signature but I found it annoying that every time I wanted to test my BBCode tags I had to submit, go into the forum and find a post of mine to see if it worked. The signature box is already like writing a post so I thought it would be helpful to have a preview option which could bring up a sample post with your signature at the bottom so you could see how it looks before you make the changes public. That's all Smile
You could easily just make your signature in a normal post creation box and preview it there. This is what I do for my signatures.

I guess this doesn't let you see what is cut off, though.

I think that this is a decent workaround, but I agree that it would be nice to have a preview so you can see what is cut off.
I think this is a good idea, because I've run into this small inconvenience as well, but really the one thing you need to keep in mind is that the sig area is 45 pixels high (with a 1px border on the top, so 44 pixels are actually usable). The width really depends on the width of your window, while the height will only be smaller than 44 on extremely narrow windows (under 282 pixels, which is narrower than the CE's screen Laughing ).
Botboy3000 wrote:
I thought it would be helpful to have a preview option which could bring up a sample post with your signature at the bottom so you could see how it looks before you make the changes public. That's all Smile
I fourth this opinion. As you can see from my signature, I spent too long doing this.
Yeah, same here... I also have the assurance that nobody will be able to see my signature after I think I'm done editing it... (like the one time I meant to put the CC 21 userbar in, but accidentally pasted the link to 1st place into my sig... took me ~30 seconds to fix this Razz -> The edit button would have saved me those 30 sec. of "did anyone see?")
Botboy3000 wrote:
The other day I was changing my signature but I found it annoying that every time I wanted to test my BBCode tags I had to submit, go into the forum and find a post of mine to see if it worked. The signature box is already like writing a post so I thought it would be helpful to have a preview option which could bring up a sample post with your signature at the bottom so you could see how it looks before you make the changes public. That's all Smile

I this same issue. I fifth this motion.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
I sixth this. Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours