Hi All,

I have recently purchased the TI-84 Plus CE-T calculator. I want to transfer notes from my chromebook to the calculator.

I was wondering is there any software I could download for the chromebook in order to carry out this task?

Thanks

Dre
Unfortunately, I do not think so.

TI-Connect (the software that TI developed, most people use it to transfer programs to/from their calc) is not supported on that particular platform.

Here's a solution:
1) Put the notes in Google Drive
2) Have a friend/colleague download+install+launch TI-Connect CE
3) Plug in your calculator. Be sure no program(s) are running.
3) Copy the notes from Google Drive
4) Go to the "Edit Program" submenu on the side of TI-Connect CE
5) Paste in your notes, and save to your calculator.
Thanks for your reply _iPhoenix_ , I will give that a try.

Thanks

Dre
Technically, the layers below TILP II have been successfully built and used for Android in the past, but there's no native TILP GUI for Android or ChromeOS...
That's a shame. Thanks Lionel.
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pce/asm/programs/

Look for TextEditCE and give it a shot
It does work, It might take some time to get used to the ABCD... keyboard layout though...
SM84CE wrote:
It does work, It might take some time to get used to the ABCD... keyboard layout though...
Luckly, _iPhoenix_ made a program that'll help you get use to it and get you to type fast! See it here.
Doesn't appear to be working for my TI-84 Plus CE-T.
Could we have more info?? Errors, screenshots, whad you did, etc. That helps more for us to recreate the problem to see if it is your calc or the methods used.
Hi SM84CE,

I searched for the chromebook emulator within this site.

I then connected my TI-84 Plus CE-T to my chromebook using the USB, but my calculator was not being displayed as the calculator in the home screen but only the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition (I am not sure if this is just the default calculator which appears as the main home screen computer).

At that point, I thought it didn't work due to the version of the calculator I have or for the fact chrome is causing the issue.

Then I went on to read about needing to download a ROM image to activate JsTified. Which I did, and unfortunately I received a prompt stating that this file is not supported.

My computer skills are quite basic, I would be grateful, if you could point me in the right direction. I am not too sure if this is just an user error as I might be missing some steps in order to get to the stage of process of transferring notes from documents on to my TI-84 Plus CE-T.

Thanks

Dre
Unlike CEmu, (the public version of) jsTIfied does not support the 84+CE(-T) / 83PCE ("TI-eZ80 series" hereafter).
Even notwithstanding the fact that TI's not really keen on full-featured Web-based no-fee versions of unofficial TI-eZ80 emulators, it's not clear to me how jsTIfied will ever be able to emulate the TI-eZ80 series, as long as it's closed-source, given that AFAIK, some information required to emulate the TI-eZ80 series can only be inferred from CEmu's GPL'ed source code, either directly or indirectly (e.g. documentation created from said source code).
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Technically, the layers below TILP II have been successfully built and used for Android in the past, but there's no native TILP GUI for Android or ChromeOS...

You can actually run apk files (android apps) on a Chromebook. I forgot exactly how to do this but a quick search should bring it up. I do recall that the process involves downloading two extensions from the chrome web store so that may be disabled if you are using a school Chromebook.

I hope this helped Very Happy

Android apps on Chromebook instructions: https://www.androidauthority.com/run-android-apps-chromebook-703248/
Dre wrote:
Hi All,

I have recently purchased the TI-84 Plus CE-T calculator. I want to transfer notes from my chromebook to the calculator.

I was wondering is there any software I could download for the chromebook in order to carry out this task?

Thanks

Dre

There is now a native version of TI-Connect CE for ChromeOS if you still need it.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ti-connect-ce-app-for-chr/aokihcpccmdjjkebakdanncddpdnkfla?hl=en-US

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours