CHill wrote:
Definitely nothing original

Oh, I know. This is almost exactly like Cookie Clicker, just with different names. I might try and add a bit of diversity or pazzaz to it if I find the time, but at the core I think this game genre can be limiting and easily get boring. However, it is a good learning experience for me, and as I said I will try to develop it further before starting a new project.

Anyways, glad you were able to enjoy it in 8th hour! Razz
I've converted the Calculator Hoarder thread to make it broader and so I can put more of my javascript adventures in one thread.

I've recently started working on GrapherJS, a simple function grapher for the web. It has zooming capabilities and a few simple user-entry validation instructions so far, hopefully which I'll be able to add to. You can try it out here:

[Function Grapher]

(Source)
In Calculator Hoarder why does it pause when I switch tabs?
21tmccauley wrote:
In Calculator Hoarder why does it pause when I switch tabs?

This is due to how browsers operate. Inactive tabs have less priority, and any javascript clocks or active javascript code are paused. There may be a way to keep the game running when the tab is inactive, but I do not know at this time.

Despite that, you can keep the game running if you switch to a different window, with the tab still open.
Just include this at the top of your js file and it will work: https://github.com/turuslan/HackTimer

Hope this helps Smile
I found a *major* glitch in the system: I am getting over 407,000 calculators a second (and Infinity total calcs) using these two lines of code:

Code:

setInterval(function() {document.getElementsByClassName('button')[0].click()},0);
localStorage.calculators = Infinity;
That's not a glitch in the system, that's you changing the internals of said system.
You could not do anything to prevent some kind of JavaScript code from running in the console and changing something, <opinion>so what's the point in preventing anything at all? You are the only person who this is affecting, if you think that running that provides a better gameplay experience why should there be any reason to prevent you from doing so?</opinion>
timedia wrote:
I found a *major* glitch in the system: I am getting over 407,000 calculators a second (and Infinity total calcs) using these two lines of code:

Code:

setInterval(function() {document.getElementsByClassName('button')[0].click()},0);

Speak for yourself.

Anyone can automatically create and fill documents on your system, and there's actually nothing you can do about it. (I downloaded your repo and hosted your code on a separate firebase system. Filled a DB in about 5 minutes.)

(It's the same sort of thing.)
I like Calculator Hoarder except for a few things. When I manual save, it still says "Auto saved". Also, when you get to "New feature at 1400000 calculators.", you unlock the OverClocker, but it stays there. You should change that to say "You've unlocked all the features" when that's over, or at the end of all features you plan on adding. You should change the manual save text to say "Game saved", for manual save and/or the auto-save. It's actually pretty addicting, though.
I've slacked on listing my javascript endeavors here a little bit. Here are 2 other ones:

[CC21 - Pi Day!]
(Source)

This one was created for the CC21 contest, which I got 2nd place on! My personal high score is 75 digits, however my average high score is around 60. I might add the "average high score" as an actual feature sometime in the near future.

[Wake Up PT_]
(Source)

This one was created as a joke, with original (silly) intentions of hooking up the website to PT_'s alarm clock or an ejector bed (by Colin Furze). Currently if you keep pressing the button at the top, you can keep PT_ "awake".

jcgter777 wrote:
I like Calculator Hoarder except for a few things. When I manual save, it still says "Auto saved". Also, when you get to "New feature at 1400000 calculators.", you unlock the OverClocker, but it stays there. You should change that to say "You've unlocked all the features" when that's over, or at the end of all features you plan on adding. You should change the manual save text to say "Game saved", for manual save and/or the auto-save. It's actually pretty addicting, though.

I'll work on fixing those when I get the chance Wink
PT_ and I agree that your PT_ waker-upper is pretty limited, it doesn't actually wake him up.

I created an issue (a long time ago x.x) for this, it includes suggestions for an implementation. it's just a joke hehe

Issue: https://github.com/Michael2-3B/PT_WakerUpper/issues/1
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
timedia wrote:

Code:

Speak for yourself.

Anyone can automatically create and fill documents on your system, and there's actually nothing you can do about it. (I downloaded your repo and hosted your code on a separate firebase system. Filled a DB in about 5 minutes.)

This is just lying now. OUR DATABASE WAS FILLED AND YOU DENIED HAVING RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT BUT YOU WERE ACTUALLY THE CULPRIT. Next time this happens you will be IP banned, count yourself lucky since I would ban most members the first time.
timedia wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
timedia wrote:

Code:

Speak for yourself.

This is just lying now. OUR DATABASE WAS FILLED AND YOU DENIED HAVING RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT BUT YOU WERE ACTUALLY THE CULPRIT. Next time this happens you will be IP banned, count yourself lucky since I would ban most members the first time.

Whoa, woah!

Here's some background knowledge. I'm not able to access timedia's site due to the fact that his site tried to load via HTTPS but actually loaded via HTTP. A fun little thing called HSTS decided this was a bad idea and blocks me from using it. A few days after I made that post, a user signed into timedia's website and filled up the database.

Let's quote some relevant IRC logs, shall we? (I shortened them to make them more concise.
Quote:
<saxjax> [timedia] iPhoenix: Please admit that you spammed my DB and read this https://github.com/proudloyaltier/timedia/blob/master/README.md#rules-for-testing
<saxjax> [timedia] The last part, about testing and deleting after a test
<KermPhD> timedia: Please take any interpersonal disputes to DM [my note: whoops didn't see this; sorry Kerm]
<iPhoenix> I didn't?
<iPhoenix> As I said, I couldn't even access your site.
<saxjax> [timedia] But you could download the repo and do it that way
<saxjax> [timedia] iPhoenix: As you said you did in the post about it
<iPhoenix> I didn't, though. Sure, I could, but why would I? I posted the link in IRC for TheL as well as for some IRL friends; anyone could have clicked it, discovered the same vulnerability as I did (I must say that it was pretty obvious) and exploited it.
<saxjax> [timedia] Okay, what are your IRL friends usernames?
<iPhoenix> I'm not sure, to be honest. I don't call them by that in the same way that they don't call me "_iPhoenix_". I guess I've never asked.
<saxjax> [timedia] No I meant on my website, is any of them elephantus
<iPhoenix> I'm not sure.
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] *anyone* could be elephantus
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] Can you check their IP timedia?
<iPhoenix> Nope. He doesn't do IP collecting, as he said.
<iPhoenix> I experienced similar problems with UniChat, @timedia, where people filled up my database, and it was devastating. Why would I do that to someone else's[ project]?
<saxjax> [timedia] IDK

I posted that message earlier hoping you would see it and try to fix your issue. However, GitHub tells me that you didn't fix that error.

I'm not saying that I am entirely not to blame, though. If someone said that your site had a major vulnerability and then someone posted a link to the site, I would most likely try my hand at finding it. The vulnerability was extremely obvious to someone who knew even a little firebase, so it would be one of the first things I'd test. You should strengthen your Firebase Security rules. (Also, if you are going to respond to this, please quote it and put it in your thread. This has been enough of a digression in Michael's thread, let's not pollute it too much.)
jcgter777 wrote:
when you get to "New feature at 1400000 calculators.", you unlock the OverClocker, but it stays there. You should change that to say "You've unlocked all the features"

Fixed.
Edit: not actually fixed

jcgter777 wrote:
You should change the manual save text to say "Game saved", for manual save and/or the auto-save.

Fixed.

I've been thinking about adding some more things to CalcHoarder. 1, I want to try out a multiplier feature that would speed up things for a few seconds and would be rare. Similar to the golden cookie in cookie clicker. And 2, I was thinking about adding the capability to sell some of your things.

Of course, this is an old project and I do have other more important things to be doing, but I might just create a v2.0 for this Razz Or maybe not. Or maybe I port it to the CE. who knows.
Thanks for fixing!

Also, do you know a way to prevent someone going into console and inputting <insert number of calcs variable so I don't expose anything>=1000000000?
jcgter777 wrote:
Thanks for fixing!

Also, do you know a way to prevent someone going into console and inputting <insert number of calcs variable so I don't expose anything>==1000000000?

There's probably a way, but I won't be preventing anything because I like being able to cheat
Cool Pi-Day program! I got a score of 12.
slimeenergy wrote:
Cool Pi-Day program! I got a score of 12.

Nice! And I know 27 digits by heart Razz
Awesome projects! I love the Cacl Hoarder one!. Very Happy Graphing Calculator

What would be an awesome extension of that would be a leaderboard where people can input a nickname and then everyone can view the top counters in real time. I don't know if this is possible, but it's an idea I had. Smile
might need a database to store the info? ask iPhoenix about it, try Firebase?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours