I'm trying to run Seek( to set the offset but the offset isn't changing at all. I'm trying to use the code: sum(10,4,0,SLOT). Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
If you are sure SLOT is non-zero (i.e. opening a program work), it should work fine. Tell (sum(14)) should return 4 in this case. Also, are you sure that the variable of SLOT is actually more than 4 bytes large?
Thanks. I forgot that the program was overwriting the variable every time it runs so size changes that i had made earlier were no longer in effect.
I have been try this for a long time

Code:

if Str2="ls"
End

is there another way to do this so it does not have a problem when compiling???
I've created a new release, v2.1.3; many small things are fixed which I didn't test properly (read: not at all Razz). Hopefully everything is fine now! Smile

https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1481
Alvajoy123 wrote:
I have been try this for a long time

Code:

if Str2="ls"
End

is there another way to do this so it does not have a problem when compiling???

Try storing your text into another string, and then checking if the strings are equal.
^ On the off chance that doesn't work for you either, you'll just want to compare the byte at each offset from string start. As in:
Code:
Lbl STREQ

[i]: Let theta be our boolean return value

length(Str1)=length(Str2->theta
For(I,0,length(Str1
  ReturnIf not(theta
  *{Str1+I}=*{Str2+I->theta
End

Return

(Perhaps not copy-pastable, being a proof of concept. Up to you to adapt+complete it)

My only reasons for suspecting the suggested method doesn't work are that (a) ICE considers "If Str1=Str2" an Invalid Expression, and (b) storing the expression to some var as in "Str1=Str2->theta" returns garbage that certainly couldn't be construed as a boolean value. That can be verified by doing something like:

Code:
"...->Str1
"...->Str2
Disp Str1=Str2

It's possible I'm missing something obvious, of course!
PT_ wrote:
I've created a new release, v2.1.3; many small things are fixed which I didn't test properly (read: not at all Razz). Hopefully everything is fine now! Smile

https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1481

in the trace menu some things have gone blank.
Gone blank, or not there anymore? If you can, can you get a screenshot?
Some commands have been removed, because of some different reasons. There were some commands that were duplicated, but I may be wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I did some crazy stuff, and when I ran my compiled prgm with cesium ram backup, it gliched and gave this error: "OS and App are not compatible..." The whole message flashed up for ~1 sec then the calc reset. I'll try to get some code and a gif up asap, the code had Copy( and Data( in it. After cesium gave an error: memory, I spammed mode and clear until I got to the homescreen. Then I pressed up until the error occurred. I'm on a phone rn, so I'll try and get the error causing code and other stuff up after I get home.
SM84CE wrote:
I did some crazy stuff, and when I ran my compiled prgm with cesium ram backup, it gliched and gave this error: "OS and App are not compatible..." The whole message flashed up for ~1 sec then the calc reset. I'll try to get some code and a gif up asap, the code had Copy( and Data( in it. After cesium gave an error: memory, I spammed mode and clear until I got to the homescreen. Then I pressed up until the error occurred. I'm on a phone rn, so I'll try and get the error causing code and other stuff up after I get home.

EDIT: To answer your queston, you might be using Copy to put too many bytes into a space allocated by Data. Also: Data doesn't work too well if the end is padded with zeroes. Use Alloc(bytes) instead to put a bunch of zeroes

First thing that you mentioned happenned to me when I ran this code:

Code:

sum(2,"A","w",1→D
sum(7,0,D
sum(3,D

Which improperly writes to a type 1 variable named A. I can't remember when it flashes the error, but it does pop up the error, and subsequently resets.
yeah, I slowed down CEmu and replicated the error, here's a pic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xJhpZwoOEwrdGHsrLMdZnqt5yMmVN0Eh/view?usp=sharing

Also, I'm pretty sure the error is due to Data( and Copy('s. I'll retest...
SM84CE wrote:
yeah, I slowed down CEmu and replicated the error, here's a pic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xJhpZwoOEwrdGHsrLMdZnqt5yMmVN0Eh/view?usp=sharing

Also, I'm pretty sure the error is due to Data( and Copy('s. I'll retest...

Looks pretty familliar to me...
EDIT: yea Data only allocates bytes up until the first null (I might be wrong though)
when I used Data(3,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0->... with my CC21 program, it worked fine, I haven't recompiled it yet, might try that in a few days... I double-checked the size of the Data's and Copy's, they were 24 bytes each (8 3-byte entries, all 0). The cc21 code also worked before I implemented save and load, but again, I should probably recompile and check it out... (on CEmu, of course)
SM84CE wrote:

I can't help if you don't post code.

beckadamtheinventor wrote:
EDIT: To answer your queston, you might be using Copy to put too many bytes into a space allocated by Data. Also: Data doesn't work too well if the end is padded with zeroes. Use Alloc(bytes) instead to put a bunch of zeroes

That doesn't make any sense and I can't believe that. Why would Data( work with 1's and not with 0's at the end?

First thing that you mentioned happenned to me when I ran this code:

Code:

sum(2,"A","w",1→D
sum(7,0,D
sum(3,D

Which improperly writes to a type 1 variable named A. I can't remember when it flashes the error, but it does pop up the error, and subsequently resets.

Can't replicate either. Did you recall A and see what kind of variable it was? I used type 2 instead and it created a matrix for me, as supposed to.

Looks pretty familliar to me...
EDIT: yea Data only allocates bytes up until the first null (I might be wrong though)

This looks interesting, although I still can't fix things if I don't have code.
Not sure if this is new,
In the program editor, [alpha][f4][trace][clear] (up/down arrows)
The shortcut menus are still open.
Well, I'm thinking about adding a debugger to ICE, where it would trigger the debugger every line or something. What features does it need? Variable/memory viewer/editor? Jump to arbitrary line? Just post your ideas here! Very Happy
PT_ wrote:
Well, I'm thinking about adding a debugger to ICE, where it would trigger the debugger every line or something. What features does it need? Variable/memory viewer/editor? Jump to arbitrary line? Just post your ideas here! Very Happy

All of the above!
Anyone in for writing a post in the ICE Tutorial thread about another hard topic of ICE? I want to write something at least about sprites, ports, debugging and timers, and more if needed. Smile
I could help with the sprite documentation if you want it. Some of the other topics are not my forte but I would be glad to help in any way I can!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 25 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours