Since it is March 31, the voting for the contest (should have) has ended. It is now time to announce the winners!

In 3rd place, we have a 2 way tie between FridgeFallCE by OldNewTimer and Diwali by SM84CE. Congratulations to you both!

In 2nd place, we have Pi Day! by Michael2_3B. Congratulations!

...drumroll, please?

In 1st place, we have Procrastinate! by _iPhoenix_! Congratulations on winning the contest!

Other notable entries include Present Catcher by john35588, StockSim by The REAl LAX18, and Holiday Vault by Unicorn.

Userbars will be given to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (Honorable mention) place winners. I made some, but I do not think they are fit to give out. Sad I am making more, and _iPhoenix_ is helping me. Once I have them, they will be posted up here.
Awesome! Congratulations and great job to all the contestants Smile Can't wait to see what those userbars look like.
Great job _iPhoenix_
Currently, the userbars look like a blank GIMP screen. I should probably get started on that...
Thanks, guys!

This is an honor, and I just want to say thank you to everyone participating in the contest, particularly to jcgter777, who took the time to create the contest itself.

I personally learned a lot from all of the optimizing I did to get it down to the size it is now. I also had to write many routines for things I didn't think were possible.

Congratulations to Michael2_3B, OldNewTimer, and SM84CE. I greatly enjoyed playing your entries.

Edit: I finished the userbars and sent them to Kerm!

Honorable mention (john35588, The REAL LAX18, Unicorn, if I read jcgter777's post correctly):

3rd place (SM84CE, OldNewTimer):

2nd place (Michael2_3B):

1st place (_iPhoenix_, a.k.a. me):

They might need a bit of extra work done, but I think they are fine. Of course, that should be determined by the admins and not me.
Congratulations _iPhoenix_! And good job to all the other contestants! This was a fun contest to judge, because of the wide range of programming languages accepted.

Thanks particularly to jcgter777 for getting this started! In the relatively short time he's been here he's been more involved in this community than any other user I know. (Excluding moderators and admins) Smile
Congratulations to _iPhoenix_, Michael2_3B, OldNewTimer and SM84CE!!! Thank you to _iPhoenix_ for making the userbars, and to those who participated in the contest!

TLM: I'm sure anybody could start one Razz
do we get medal icons next to our usernames? That would look cool...
SM84CE wrote:

Yes. The userbars I posted are not the official ones.

Apparently, jcgter777 was supposed to use a GIMP template, but he didn't and used google drawings. I assumed this was OK, and finalized his version using drawings.

If jcgter, Kerm, or anyone else would send me the templates, I might have some time today or tomorrow to create them.
I thought the GIMP template was optional, and I didn't use it because I wasn't good at using layers, which was what it was using. I sent you (@iPhoenix) the template via IRC PM. I thought that Google Drawings was much easier to use, and I could resize it to the right dimensions. If we're required to use the GIMP template, I can try again, but if not, you don't have to do anything.
Using the template I was sent by jcgter777, I created userbars!

[img]https://www.cemetech.net/img/sigs/cc21_first.png[/img]

[img]https://www.cemetech.net/img/sigs/cc21_second.png[/img]

[img]https://www.cemetech.net/img/sigs/cc21_third.png[/img]

[img]https://www.cemetech.net/img/sigs/cc21_honorable.png[/img]

Huge thanks to Kerm for uploading the files and giving them nice, official-looking links, and for creating the template!
So you can have an honorable mention bar just for participating? Ok then... Razz

They look awesome though! Much better than the last one, I’ll have to update mine Smile
SM84CE wrote:
Somebody mentioned this in passing and I realized we've been really bad about doing anything with them. I've now granted forum awards to the four of you for the contest.
Tari wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
Somebody mentioned this in passing and I realized we've been really bad about doing anything with them. I've now granted forum awards to the four of you for the contest.

Thanks! However the number next to all of our names is a 1...
that's the number of awards you have... Smile
SM84CE wrote:

Oh, I thought it was the place you got in the contest... *facepalm*
SM84CE wrote:

You can click the award icon to see associated awards as well!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours