When I insert a new line in the editor, with stuff in the next lines, and then go to the trace menu for DefineSprite, it deletes that line, and puts the next line onto the same line as DefineSprite.
A few things. All are in connection with Cesium.

In the editor from Cesium, the program name line is omitted. After going to and from the [trace] menu, it reappears.

When in a program with a massive sprite, after going down, I went back up, and the line with the i started with geosomething. It only happened once, and I couldn't get it to go away.

One time, all the DefineSprites reverted to minY, but that was fixed after about 3 minutes.
I guess this is an ICE bug?

MateoConLechuga wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I thought this was an ICE bug at first, but this only happens with Cesium (2.5.0) installed.

When you're editing a program or on the home screen (thanks for that SM84CE!) and [2nd]+[A-Lock] is on for lowercase letters, then you press and hold an arrow key, a token gets spammed on the screen. For CEmu it spammed 'Line(', and if I held the left arrow it swapped to the (TI-OS) [mode] screen, and if I held the down arrow it swapped to the 'plot' screen.

But for my physical CE it only spammed 'XFact' not matter which arrow key I held. This bug also occurred when I held down the [del] key, but only on my physical CE.

AND...

SM84CE wrote:
This also happens on the homescreen, and the token also differs among Cesium app versions! Smile

I have experienced this bug. lowercase lock on the homescreen, and the left arrow key prints "solve(". The right arrow key prints lowercase L. The others just happened sometimes.

This is an ICE bug. Please report it on the appropriate thread.
Uh oh, time to debug with Cesium on, I guess? Seems like a lot of 'fun' issues Sad

EDIT: the bug above is not from ICE, but from Cesium.
jcgter777 wrote:
When I insert a new line in the editor, with stuff in the next lines, and then go to the trace menu for DefineSprite, it deletes that line, and puts the next line onto the same line as DefineSprite.

Can't replicate. Do you have a screenshot?

jcgter777 wrote:
A few things. All are in connection with Cesium.

In the editor from Cesium, the program name line is omitted. After going to and from the [trace] menu, it reappears.

When in a program with a massive sprite, after going down, I went back up, and the line with the i started with geosomething. It only happened once, and I couldn't get it to go away.

One time, all the DefineSprites reverted to minY, but that was fixed after about 3 minutes.

The first one is fixed and uploaded! No idea about the second one. The last one has probably to do with the hooks, but running ICE again should fix it.
When you try compiling a program with a Cesium icon, this happens:

here are the first few lines of my code, if I remove the cesium icon code, it works again.

Code:
[i]TERRAIN
[i]"5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555755775557755755777577757775777577777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777"
That's probably the new version of ICE. I have a much older version, and Cesium icons always work. In fact, all of my ICE programs have a Cesium icon. (I haven't updated ICE in like almost a month)
Yeah, I get the same, but for me, it's plot mark thingies. I tried a description and an icon, same result. For now, just don't use an icon, or compile with an older version of ICE, unless you really need the older features... (V2.1.3 adds compiling locked prgms, guess P_T wrote a separate C script, like I suggested? Razz )
I can't replicate, all Cesium icons work fine for me.
The bug also happened to me, but only when compiling in SC3. Did you compile in SC3 John?
PT_ knows about this issue now and will debug later today. It is an issue with Source Coder. For now just export the code to your calc and compile it without SC. Smile
Okay, I've fixed things and updated both ICE and SC. The issue was (I think) that all data was set to 0, due to using the wrong variables Razz Please try again and hopefully it works all Smile

EDIT: well, nope, I broke it even more. Just don't use SC ICE at all now, I will see when I can fix things.
BUG REPORT:
In SourceCoder3 and in PC ICE, The token DefineSprite returns a "not implemented" when it is compiled.

FIXED: User Error
ICE is doing some weird things with the new 'setBrightness(' token. Specifically it appearing in strings within 'det(17'.

Code:

"Password?→I
det(19,X,Y
det(17,I

Also: Idk if this is my code, but I think the new ICE update is causing code to be skipped in my program.
(A.K.A. BOSshell)
There has been no memory leaks as so far though, which means that it might not be the code in my program Razz
EDIT: The bug has already been reported, just 'r' being replaced with 'setBrightness' from TI-Connect to the calculator
I don't know how Password? is related to SetBrightness, but that might be me. Anyways, always use SC since that compiles the custom tokens properly and TI-Connect CE doesn't Smile

EDIT: oh right, the lowercase 'r' gets replaced. Blame TI-Connect CE Razz
ICE suddenly decided not to compile program correctly. So once compiled, instead of running, the compiled program immediately quits.
Also, if a program has an error in it, ICE no longer goes directly to that error. It instead quits.

Could be a Cesium incompatibility again? I don't know what I did to trigger this though.
This is a log taken from #cemetech about this bug:

Code:
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] For some reason ICE suddenly decided not to properly compile my programs and so when I compile them on-calc and try to run them, they immedietly quit instead of running.
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial]  "I tried to compile a program that didn't work. ICE said it had fully compiled (but the status bar was still at 0%), then I pressed [trace], it quit to the Cesium menu but graphic things were messed up (I'll get image if I can).
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] I pressed [clear] then [prgm] the only program that showed up was one that was named [up arrow] (an actual arrow, not text). I tried to run it but it froze and slowly turned up the contrast of the screen so now my calc is all white with a grey boarder on top
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] oh ICE also wont goto the line containing an error when I hit goto
<P_T> Did it display the buttons after compiling?
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] Yes, it acted as if it had successfuly compiled
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] for some reason the trace button still worked
<P_T> Did you have a C function in it?
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] no, it was pure BASIC I was trying to port to ICE
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] huh, Cesium shows that I had ~21 more programs than I actually had...
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] I lost only 4 to the RAM reset
<saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] Another wierd fact: All my hidden programs were unhid after the RAM reset except the program that will destroy all the data on my calculator...

If anyone's being able to reproduce and write down the steps, I would be very thankful Rolling Eyes
Flip sprite commands don't work, I have even tried defining the sprite to allocate the space, but when I run the program, it goes to a blank screen, and needs a ram reset.
Hi, I think i've found a new bug. Try those two programs:

Code:

'ABC'->{L5+3}
Copy(Str0,{L5+3},3
Disp Str0

and

Code:

3->A
'ABC'->{L5+A}
Copy(Str0,{L5+A},3
Disp Str0

They should do the same (if i'm not mistaken). However the first one works, it returns 'ABC', but the second one returns "random" tokens.
Tengento wrote:
Hi, I think i've found a new bug. Try those two programs:

Code:

'ABC'->{L5+3}
Copy(Str0,{L5+3},3
Disp Str0

and

Code:

3->A
'ABC'->{L5+A}
Copy(Str0,{L5+A},3
Disp Str0

They should do the same (if i'm not mistaken). However the first one works, it returns 'ABC', but the second one returns "random" tokens.

Ive been having problems with OS lists and OS strings also.

Code:

det(15,L₁(0),8

It displays a very large number, definitely not the number that was in the list.

Code:

Alloc(length(Str1→S
Copy(S,Str1,length(Str1
det(17,S

This just displays random characters, and a lot more of them then was in the string.

Can you please fix this? Smile

EDIT: I thought that the 'OS' lists in ICE were the actual OS variables. I was mistaken. The 'bug' was me trying to get values from data that wasn't defined yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours