That's a lovely little collection, well rounded with some of the finest devices.
Just added a TI 89 to my TI collection. It was still sealed in the hard plastic package with manual, cable, CD, batteries, and calculator. The batteries had an expiration date of MAR 2010, but when I checked them, the voltage was 1.45+. The price was $9.99, but I also got a 10% discount which brought it down to $9.00. The hardware version shows 2.00 and the software as 2.05 7/5/2000. I have no plans to upgrade it. I'll just play around with it for awhile, then remove the batteries and stick it with my other calculators.
dave1707 wrote:
Just added a TI 89 to my TI collection. It was still sealed in the hard plastic package with manual, cable, CD, batteries, and calculator. The batteries had an expiration date of MAR 2010, but when I checked them, the voltage was 1.45+. The price was $9.99, but I also got a 10% discount which brought it down to $9.00. The hardware version shows 2.00 and the software as 2.05 7/5/2000. I have no plans to upgrade it. I'll just play around with it for awhile, then remove the batteries and stick it with my other calculators.

Where'd you manage to snag a TI-89 for $9.99?
Ivoah I got it from a GoodWill store. I go about once a week to several different ones looking for TI calculators or sliderules. The TI 89 was in the showcase, but I usually go right to the electronics section to look for calculators. My wife was the one who told me about the calculator in the showcase. I went back and ask the salesclerk if I could look at it and was surprised to see it still sealed and only $9.99. One of my other good finds was a TI 84 Plus Silver Edition for just over $6.00. Of course, the ones I like the most are the really old TI calculators. It doesn't matter if those work or not.
dave1707 wrote:
Ivoah I got it from a GoodWill store. I go about once a week to several different ones looking for TI calculators or sliderules. The TI 89 was in the showcase, but I usually go right to the electronics section to look for calculators. My wife was the one who told me about the calculator in the showcase. I went back and ask the salesclerk if I could look at it and was surprised to see it still sealed and only $9.99. One of my other good finds was a TI 84 Plus Silver Edition for just over $6.00. Of course, the ones I like the most are the really old TI calculators. It doesn't matter if those work or not.

Awesome find! If you watch youtube, have you seen Lazy Game Reviews? He has a thrifting series where he goes around to goodwills looking for stuff like that. It's pretty great.
Now, I have a very rare calculator, Casio CFX-9970G, the first CAS calculator with a color screen.

I found it new, with box and User Guide in Spanish, my first language.

The 3 color screen is very cool, and to have CAS in this machine can help me.

Good news! I now have a CE and a TI-84+ in my collection. My first monochrome! Yay. On the other hand, the batteries are dead, so I can't use it. Sad

frankmar98 wrote:
Now, I have a very rare calculator, Casio CFX-9970G, the first CAS calculator with a color screen.

I found it new, with box and User Guide in Spanish, my first language.

The 3 color screen is very cool, and to have CAS in this machine can help me.

That's nice to hear! I'll have to look at my local Goodwill more often.
Approaching completion! Only ROM 11.0 is missing Very Happy
I got a (extensively used, battered, and ancient looking, but only about 3 years old) TI-84+ CE, with the golden finish, and an actually old (but looks decently new, go figure) TI-85. I'd get a pic, but my camera has a scratch..
And I have a small collection of calculators (holy crud they are slow) ranging from the '50's to the 70's mostly from garage sales. I got an authentic and really low res antique with a red LED display, and it shows an astounding TWO decimal places!

Edit:
I've now gotten some more... Here is a new picture, since the last one, I've added the ti-86, the ti-82, and the ti-84 plus CE!

your CE is so pretty...
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I got a (extensively used, battered, and ancient looking, but only about 3 years old) TI-84+ CE, with the golden finish,

I'm a little confused, the CE came out in 2015, only 2 years ago, and the gold finish came out just last year. Confused I don't see how that calculator could be any older than 8 months, maybe that's why it looks so new. Razz

Anyways, I currently have a dark blue CE, and I'm hoping to trade my science teacher a ti-83+ for (what I think is) an original ti-83.
I just have the TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, and TI-84+CE. The TI-84+ was the first one I got, and I just particularly like programming for it so I just upgrade when new major versions come out.

9 Graphing calcs:
1 - Casio Prizm. Smells like a factory 3 years after purchase
1 - TI-84+CE. Recently re-acquired from my brother, who was doing exams.
1 - TI-84+SE. My first and main calc.
1 - TI-84+. Thats the ugly looking one.
2 - TI-83+.
2 - TI-83.
1 - TI-86. This thing is so weird!

2 Substandard calcs:
1 - Casio fx-115ES PLUS. expired from the library lost&found.
1 - TI-108. Thats the blue 4-func.

6 Books (2 in picture):
1 - TI-92 Geometric Investigations for the classroom (library unwanted donation)
1 - TI-92 92 Geometric Explorations on the TI-92 (again, unwanted. why didn't they donate their TI92 too!?)
1 - TI-84+/SE Manual
1 - TI-83+ Manual (Why is this 3 times as thick as the 84 manual?)
1 - Using the TI-83+/TI-84+ (Kerm's book #2)
1 - Programming the TI-83+/TI-84+ (Kerm's book #1)

The TI-84+SE case is off to the side, holding a silverlink, since Caleb Hansberry made me that awesome wooden slide cover. Course, I kinda want one for my Prizm and 84CE now! Razz

THe TI Education lanyard was courtesy of my high school teacher when she went to a TI Conference some year.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I got a (extensively used, battered, and ancient looking, but only about 3 years old) TI-84+ CE, with the golden finish,

I'm a little confused, the CE came out in 2015, only 2 years ago, and the gold finish came out just last year. Confused I don't see how that calculator could be any older than 8 months, maybe that's why it looks so new. Razz

Anyways, I currently have a dark blue CE, and I'm hoping to trade my science teacher a ti-83+ for (what I think is) an original ti-83.

Yeah, I got the CE immediately after it arrived in my store, and I traded my old white finish for my friend's gold finish, the trade off being mine had lots of useful programs, but his was new and shiny Smile

I wrote that while half asleep, so I guess my memory exploded.

Edit:
Also, I would photograph my copies (yes plural) of Kerm's (autocorrect thought it was "jerk", so autocorrect should be banned Razz) books, but without covers and with lots of my own annotations, you can barely use them. (I tend to do that to books. Statistically, it happens at about 250 read-throughs for hard cover, and 100 read-throughs for soft cover, at least for me)

Just picked up a new (old) calculator for my collection from Goodwill for $1.99 . It also came with a soft plastic slip case. The battery compartment had a corroded battery in it, but after I removed all the batteries, cleaned the corrosion, and put in new batteries, it worked just fine. I looked for a manual on line, but couldn’t find one. I figured out what all the keys did anyways, the hardest one was the key under the T key on the left. That one shows an additional 8 digits. If I multiply 1234.5678 by 1234.5678 it shows 1524157.6 and pressing that key shows 52796840 . So 1234.5678 x 1234.5678 is 1524157.652796840 .
Ohh, that's neat! I don't think I've ever seen a button on a calculator that displays the next few digits of a number, what do the switches on top do? (Besides the power switch Razz)
EDIT: also, what's the two = buttons for?
At the top, the middle switch is for SUM. The other key, K is used for constant calculations. The red and black = are used when the SUM switch is on. Pressing a number and the black = adds that value. Pressing a number and the red = subtracts that value. Pressing the T key shows the running total for SUM. I was surprised that the calculator showed a 16 digit answer. Also, when I first turned the calculator on, the display only showed the bottom half of the number 8. I thought I had a bad display but after using it, the number 0 is shown using the bottom half of the 8. So when there’s a 0 in the answer, it looks a little strange. All the numbers are full size, and the 0 is half size. So a number with 0 would look like 12o.45o78 .
I have two amazing calculators!:

A TI 89 (HW1, 1998, pristine condition)

A TI Nspire CX (HW AB, 2017, almost pristine condition, ndlessed)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 18 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours