mr womp womp wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
So basically, you can't go back, and can't stop to get a drink of water? Can there be a toggle for this feature?

What? I don't understand what you are asking.

He means that you are forced to complete levels in one go.

Only if that level has autoscrolling... They don't all have it.
I don't know if this is already implemented, but I think it might be good to add a pause screen, so that you can walk away from the calculator mid-game, especially for levels that have autoscrolling.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
So basically, you can't go back, and can't stop to get a drink of water? Can there be a toggle for this feature?

What? I don't understand what you are asking.

If I want to pause in the middle of a level, I'll have to die? What I mean is, can you make a toggle for auto-scrolling? It would be good sometimes, but not always.
I haven't tested if you can pause the actual game ... but just like SMB3 no, you shouldn't be able to stop the scrolling or go back.

The standard level styles allow you to do that.
In Cesium, at the bottom, instead of saying Oiram, it says Oriam. Typo?
I created some levels with the Level Editor and would like to share them. Where can I upload?
Hello Jiha, and welcome to Cemetech! You can upload a file here at Cemetech with the following link:
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/upload.php
To attract more users, you can add a description and add screenshots. High quality ones are obtained with either an emulator or a calculator directly connected to a computer with TI connect.
Feature Request: Could you implement a map and mushroom houses!?
timedia wrote:

Nope.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
timedia wrote:

Nope.

To elaborate on this, Mateo is finished with Oiram development. He made a great, stable game and doesn't have time to change huge pieces of code for new features. The only updates for now on are only bugfixes.

Although... the code is open source, so you could learn C and implement the code yourself. Smile
EDIT: 666th post!
I found a cheat in the reswob level:
That's not a cheat. That's how you beat it. What makes you think it's a cheat?

EDIT: Well, if it isn't, how are you supposed to? That's how all of me and my friends beat that level.
jcgter777 wrote:
That's not a cheat. That's how you beat it.

lol no it isn't
To elaborate what Mateo was saying, to beat the reswob level, you have to lure him close to you, then make a mad dash away from him! The end result is reswob crushing a layer of blocks beneath him. Your goal is to make him crush enough blocks to fall through the game and kill him. A passage should open to the pipe when this happens. Check the original super mario bros. 3 boss fight to see what I mean.
Check the Oiram Cheats thread for a GIF showing how to beat him. Smile
In the second level of the original pack, you can skip almost all of it with Raccoon Oiram. When you fly over, all of the "creatures" below glitch in and out. Bug? Cheat?
jcgter777 wrote:
In the second level of the original pack, you can skip almost all of it with Raccoon Oiram. When you fly over, all of the "creatures" below glitch in and out. Bug? Cheat?

Technically a bug. Items that aren't within a reasonable field aren't drawn; however I didn't really see it as worthwhile to make this work correctly.
I tried to redownload the level editor recently and couldn’t find it. When I looked on one of the forums I found a direct link, but it led to nothing. Has the editor been taken down?
Incognitonomous wrote:
I tried to redownload the level editor recently and couldn’t find it. When I looked on one of the forums I found a direct link, but it led to nothing. Has the editor been taken down?

No, if you read the readme you can find it here: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/oiram-editor/releases
Any plans for updates?
I'd love to make level packs again. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 18 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours