This also happens on the homescreen, and the token also differs among Cesium app versions! Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I thought this was an ICE bug at first, but this only happens with Cesium (2.5.0) installed.

When you're editing a program or on the home screen (thanks for that SM84CE!) and [2nd]+[A-Lock] is on for lowercase letters, then you press and hold an arrow key, a token gets spammed on the screen. For CEmu it spammed 'Line(', and if I held the left arrow it swapped to the (TI-OS) [mode] screen, and if I held the down arrow it swapped to the 'plot' screen.

But for my physical CE it only spammed 'XFact' not matter which arrow key I held. This bug also occurred when I held down the [del] key, but only on my physical CE.

AND...

SM84CE wrote:
This also happens on the homescreen, and the token also differs among Cesium app versions! Smile

I have experienced this bug. lowercase lock on the homescreen, and the left arrow key prints "solve(". The right arrow key prints lowercase L. The others just happened sometimes.
I do not know if this is just me, but in Cesium version 2.5.0, the external backup feature is not working. Any ideas?
Legoman314 wrote:
I do not know if this is just me, but in Cesium version 2.5.0, the external backup feature is not working. Any ideas?

Did you read the ReadMe? If yes, what steps did you do? It works for me.
It says 'backing up' and I assume it does do that, but after my RAM is reset, when I press on+2 it just shows the the y= screen.
Legoman314 wrote:
It says 'backing up' and I assume it does do that, but after my RAM is reset, when I press on+2 it just shows the the y= screen.

Here's a good video to help you with backing up! (By TLM)

Cesium can only back up temporarily, meaning that it can't back up through RAM/mem clears and powercycles.

BUG REPORT:

I ran SM84CE's subprogram thetaFMT, and it gave an error. I pressed Goto, but since it was locked, it couldn't go into the program. It automatically returned to Cesium. It had been unarchived, so I archived and unlocked it and ran it again. This time, my calc just crashed and RAM cleared.

My points? No goto option for locked programs, and fix whatever bug that is.
Can we exit errors from Basic programs with [clear]? Or have a toggle to disable the error?

For example, if I forgot to end a loop, it'd give an error, and I'd want to be able to exit that just with clear.

Also, a suggestion. When the program highlighted is locked, remove the Edit prgm : [zoom] thing. You might change it to another useful function.

EDIT: What about an uninstall feature so we can easily update? Like unhide everything, delete appvar and app, etc.
I found a bug in Cesium. After a RAM reset, hidden programs are considered to be BASIC programs even if they were originally C or ASM. This means you can unlock them, which I did, then it allows you to edit them, which I tried (with [zoom]). This froze Cesium. I have version 2.5.0

SM84CE wrote:
EDIT: What about an uninstall feature so we can easily update? Like unhide everything, delete appvar and app, etc.

I like this idea! Smile

EDIT: Found another bug, you can probably fix this one. Razz
The APD gets enabled while in the settings (which don't time out and automatically quit like the main screen). Fortunately if the calculator turns off, you can just turn it back on and quit like normal.
After RAM reset, nothing happens for me.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I found a bug in Cesium. After a RAM reset, hidden programs are considered to be BASIC programs even if they were originally C or ASM. This means you can unlock them, which I did, then it allows you to edit them, which I tried (with [zoom]). This froze Cesium. I have version 2.5.0

I had this bug too. I ave Cesium version 2.5.0 also.
Mateo said several times in IRC/SAX that this is unfixable, and he cannot do anything about it.
I found a bug in Cesium on my friend's calculator and reproduced it in CEmu.

I pressed alpha, 2nd, alpha and this happened. Pressing on+prgm, reset, or 2nd+on fixes it.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM wrote:
I pressed alpha, 2nd, alpha and this happened. Pressing on+prgm, reset, or 2nd+on fixes it.

Did you download the latest pre-release. Wink
Where do I get that?
On mateo's GitHub repo. In the releases section. I'd ask that in SAX though, Wink
Just did that and the glitch still occurs.
Cesium doesn’t understand the wait command either, but that is ok, since It allows my Cesicon and Game Engine (coming soon) to be home-run only, therefore decreasing the likelihood of crashing, as cesium sometimes does (especially when using ICE)

I know that I haven’t yet brought this up publicly, but, issue 17 (I’m pretty sure it is) allows the Cesium password feature to be bypassed, as would a reset of your calculator or a simple plugging your calculator into a power outlet.

No offense meant, but saying: “this issue is too complex to solve” and then closing the issue (#17) is not the best way to prevent bugs from causing
1. Loss of data
2. An annoying situation where I have to re-enable lowercase letters
3. Or a situation where the calculator freezes (ICE issue) and then see 1 and 2. (Oops! I think that I have created a loop)

Honestly, if I were you, (which I most definitely am not) I would:

1. Make the Icon displayed qBigger on the Cesium GUI.

2. Implement a way for basic programs to having the ability to display a description on the Cesium GUI.

I don’t know if you feel offended (Please don’t; Everyone makes mistakes) but I have so many suggestions but Sad if I were to post all of them, Cemetech would run out of memory. Very Happy
Feature request!
Implement Archive Undelete into Cesium and improve the GUI.

Relevant IRC log:
7:59:03 PM <saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] beck, use Cesium!
7:59:10 PM <saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] The external backup!
7:59:52 PM <saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] lol I guess I could do that... so I will
7:59:58 PM <saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] Ooh, could Archive Undelete be given a better GUI and imported into Cesium? Razz
8:00:12 PM <MateoC> Shh you
8:00:13 PM <saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] THATS AN AMAZING IDEA!
8:00:38 PM <jcgter777> tlm++ great idea!
8:00:38 PM <MateoC> If someone wants to make a post
8:00:39 PM <saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] "[MateoC]Breaks over, time for programming" ;P
8:00:43 PM <jcgter777> I'll do it!
8:00:53 PM <saxjax> [TheLastMillennial] Go ahead jcgter Smile
8:00:58 PM <jcgter777> Smile
8:01:04 PM <saxjax> [Cemetech] jcgter777 entered the room
Generally, you should put SAX quotes in BBCode quote blocks Smile

I agree with the idea of adding Archive Undelete, but I think the GUI is fine. What do you think needs refining?
I think he means the GUI of Archive Undelete?, If that's the confusion...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 17 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours