Go to his GitHub repo, and download the file. GitHub Repo
Or, you can download the file from the archives!

I just want to say thank you to everyone in SAX/IRC and in this thread (and everyone else, too) for supporting me and my program. It really means a lot.

Due to this support, I have decided I will dig (literally) through my code (which is practically obfuscated because of the sheer quantity of optimizations) and fix some of the bugs people encountered.

I also noticed that I am missing a space in the README ASCII art, and that's just unacceptable.

I enjoyed trying to help others with their entries, particularly Michael's. It was a really fun challenge trying to keep my code understandable to him (which isn't saying anything about him. It's saying something about my JS...) and still make it functional.

I have become somewhat infamous for my inline obfuscations optimizations... I apologize in advance to everyone trying to figure out what the heck my JS code does.

In my entry, I revisited the concept that keeps me programming in BASIC: pushing the limits of what I have done in previously thought possible in a TI-BASIC game, in this case it was the graphics.

I'm extremely proud of the visuals for this program, even though it is not where I spent the majority of my time (optimizations).

Even though the code doing it is sub-par, IMHO, I am really happy with the "syntax highlighting" routine. I think indentation changes should be more common, but overall it looks semi-realistic. Even the line numbers change the number of "digits" drawn when you write more enough code to make it scroll the screen.

<3
I like the game, but I have a problem Razz. I got to 4 minutes left. I bought 32 of the extra 1x points thing. (had over 20 before). It said that I couldn't buy that much. Then it froze :/. It's because of the wait. (maybe cesium AND wait Razz) Can you remove the Waits?
You might know about this already, but the coding screen and maybe the essay screen as well, renders starting at the first page, instead of rendering the most recent page. This makes it painfully long to wait until I can write again especially if there’s more than 1 page...
jcgter777 wrote:
I like the game, but I have a problem Razz. I got to 4 minutes left. I bought 32 of the extra 1x points thing. (had over 20 before). It said that I couldn't buy that much. Then it froze :/. It's because of the wait. (maybe cesium AND wait Razz) Can you remove the Waits?

That sounds like a Cesium problem, not a problem with my program. I could replace the waits with rand( commands, but that changes Ans and I am using Ans to do some pretty heavy lifting in that segment of code.

Michael2_3B wrote:
You might know about this already, but the coding screen and maybe the essay screen as well, renders starting at the first page, instead of rendering the most recent page. This makes it painfully long to wait until I can write again especially if there’s more than 1 page...

Yeah, I can fix this with a few remainder( commands.
Bugs if you want to fix them Razz :
  • Domain errors occurring randomly
  • When time runs out, DOMAIN ERROR
  • Clock freezing thing sometimes has bugs. After the 45 seconds was up, it started counting down again from 40, but by 10s.
  • I liked the periods bouncing around, but they don't disappear after the countdown disappears

I think that's it, but I don't know. At least I don't remember any more Razz.
The counting down by ten's illusion is caused by the fact that I didn't erase the 0 from the 10.

The periods bouncing around thing was added in the last day of the competition, and I was in such a rush that I forgot to erase them.

As for the clock counting down (albeit slowly) when it is frozen, this is a feature because I can't figure out how to fix it without changing significant portions of my program.

I have no clue why you are getting domain errors randomly, could you post the code on the line (and/or line number) which it happens?

The domain error at the end is just caused by the fact that I expected a relatively complicated section of code to run perfectly without testing it. I literally wrote the highscores thing in 6 minutes, so it needs fixing.

These are all easy fixes.
Whoops. I forgot another one. When I am "typing", the clock counts slower than when it's on its own.

For the domain errors, I'll try to get the line numbers, but I don't know when I have time to run through that again Razz. I'll try though.
jcgter777 wrote:
Whoops. I forgot another one. When I am "typing", the clock counts slower than when it's on its own.

That's not a bug. It doesn't deduct time when it draws something, because the game would be significantly shorter.

I did not include a Cesium icon because it would increase the size of my program unnecessarily.

I didn't write this is ICE, because ICE makes it too easy. I don't have to worry as much about optimizations in ICE, and its features are too powerful in order for me to get the challenge that keeps me programming. I also have as many variables as I need. You will notice that my program uses A-Z (not Y), θ, and the finance variables N and I%. Each variable is carefully rationed out, often being used multiple times for very different tasks. This was a huge challenge, and lots of fun. With ICE, this isn't a problem I have to worry about.

This is not a reflection on ICE or its creator. ICE itself presents many different challenges, but I still prefer BASIC.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours