I just retested the Makefile I posted and was able to use it changing only a few paths. You must click view raw and copy and paste that. The reason for this is because in a makefile; the spacing does matter.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
I just retested the Makefile I posted and was able to use it changing only a few paths. You must click view raw and copy and paste that. The reason for this is because in a makefile; the spacing does matter.
thanks, i did not know about raw copy, sorry, will try by tomorrow. Thanks again
amazonka wrote:
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
thanks, i did not know about raw copy, sorry, will try by tomorrow. Thanks again

thanks again for the tips and the makefile too. I did the raw copy and must have something else wrong but unfortunately am too inexperienced to figure out was is actually wrong please.

The error log is as follows please:

Code:

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>..\..\bin\make.exe
sh3eb-elf-gcc -c -m4a-nofpu -mb -O2 -mhitachi -Wall -I../../include -lgcc -L../.
./lib -flto -fuse-linker-plugin src/main.c -o src/main.o
sh3eb-elf-gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
make: *** [src/main.o] Error 1

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

and my directory structure is
C:\CASIO\
which includes projects\starfield with bmps, makefile make.bat and src\main.c inside

also the previously mentioned C:\CASIO\ folder includes: lib, include, libc, libfxcg, toolchain and other directories to give you an idea of the setup I have so I am at complete loss what file or directory is missing for the compiler.

I'm sorry for being so hopeless with this and appreciate the help you can give me in sorting my setup for me.

Kind regards
You have had this issue before. Please set your path to include the directory in which sh3eb-elf-gcc is located.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
You have had this issue before. Please set your path to include the directory in which sh3eb-elf-gcc is located.

Many thanks for helping on this. I modified my make.bat file as following

Code:
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\CASIO\bin
..\..\bin\make.exe %*
pause
and it helped to move things further but gave me this at the end
Code:

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>SET PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C
:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\
System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)
\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Serve
r\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Serve
r\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\P
rogram Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\blp\API;C:\blp\API\dde;C:\P
rogram Files (x86)\Git\cmd;C:\CASIO\bin

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>..\..\bin\make.exe
sh3eb-elf-gcc -c -m4a-nofpu -mb -O2 -mhitachi -Wall -I../../include -lgcc -L../.
./lib -flto -fuse-linker-plugin src/main.c -o src/main.o
src/main.c: In function 'newStar':
src/main.c:9:5: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90 [enab
led by default]
src/main.c: At top level:
src/main.c:39:6: warning: return type of 'main' is not 'int' [-Wmain]
src/main.c: In function 'main':
src/main.c:43:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'memset' [-Wimplicit-
function-declaration]
src/main.c:43:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function
 'memset' [enabled by default]
sh3eb-elf-gcc src/main.o -m4a-nofpu -mb -O2 -mhitachi -Wall -I../../include -lgc
c -L../../lib -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -nostartfiles -T../../toolchain/prizm.x
-Wl,-static -Wl,-gc-sections -o g3aNameWithoutExtension.bin
c:/casio/bin/../lib/gcc/sh3eb-elf/4.6.0/../../../../sh3eb-elf/bin/ld.exe:../../t
oolchain/prizm.x:63: warning: memory region `ocram2' not declared
could not unlink output filecollect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [g3aNameWithoutExtension.bin] Error 1

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Would you please help with what this is - I tried googling it but was unable to progress any further - thanks for all your help again.
That warning indicates that there is an error in the linker script. Paste your prizm.x verbatim, something's up with `ocram2`.
Dear AHelper,

Thanks for looking at this. Here is the prizm.x
Code:
OUTPUT_FORMAT(binary)
OUTPUT_ARCH(sh3)

/* Entry point.  Not really important here, since doing binary output */
ENTRY(initialize)

MEMORY
{
        /* Loads code at 300000, skips g3a header */
        rom (rx) : o = 0x00300000, l = 1024k
        ram (rwx) : o = 0x08100004, l = 64k  /* pretty safe guess */
        ilram (rwx) : o = 0xE5200000, l = 4k /* According to http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9334 */
}

SECTIONS
{
        /* Code, in ROM */
        .text : {
                *(.pretext)     /* init stuff */
                *(.text)
                *(.text.*)
        } > rom

.ilram : {
                _ilramld = LOADADDR(.data) ;
                _silram = . ;
                *(.ilram)
                *(.ilram.*)
                _eilram = . ;
        } > ilram AT> rom

/* Read-only data, in ROM */
        .rodata : {
                *(.rodata)
                *(.rodata.*)
        } > rom

/* RW initialized data, VMA in RAM but LMA in ROM */
        .data : {
                _datald = LOADADDR(.data) ;
                _sdata = . ;
                *(.data)
                *(.data.*);
                _edata = . ;
        } >ram AT>rom

/* Uninitialized data (fill with 0), in RAM */
        .bss : {
                _bbss = . ;
                *(.bss)
                *(.bss*)
                *(COMMON)
                _ebss = . ;
        } >ram

/* Second on-chip RAM area */
        .ocram2 : {
                _ocram2ld = LOADADDR(.ocram2) ;
                _socram2 = . ;
                *(.ocram2) *(.ocram2.*) *(COMMON);
                _eocram2 = . ;
        } >ocram2 AT>rom
}

Thanks in advance, AHelper and everyone else.
Amazonka I will help you; but not with this immediate issue. I am not going to answer this question instead I am going talk about my philosophy on giving and receiving and help.

First of all I understand that one cannot magically recreate all human knowledge. However I believe that one should be able to have intuition and problem solving skills.

It seems as though when you have a problem your first impulse is to go to Cemetech and write about it. What your first impulse should be is to try and solve it yourself then post about it once you believe that you cannot solve the issue on your own. I have tried to help you hoping that once you get things going you would become more self sufficient but sadly I am not seeing that development in you.

This does not mean that you should never turn to people if you need to. I just want you to become a better problem solver.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
Amazonka I will help you; but not with this immediate issue. I am not going to answer this question instead I am going talk about my philosophy on giving and receiving and help.

First of all I understand that one cannot magically recreate all human knowledge. However I believe that one should be able to have intuition and problem solving skills.

It seems as though when you have a problem your first impulse is to go to Cemetech and write about it. What your first impulse should be is to try and solve it yourself then post about it once you believe that you cannot solve the issue on your own. I have tried to help you hoping that once you get things going you would become more self sufficient but sadly I am not seeing that development in you.

This does not mean that you should never turn to people if you need to. I just want you to become a better problem solver.

Trust me I put a lot of effort to try and sort those problems out myself especially knowing that almost no one compiles with up to date prizm libraries on windows as far as I can see.

I started with the gbl08ma's makefiles for Linux which were not working on windows but by experimenting with some of the flags I managed to make them work - your makefiles are definitely compact and I would love to make them work but I'm not really able to figure out how.
Yes now I understand that you do. I was getting worried you were just immediately posting all your questions without trying.
Hi all. Question - how well does the SDK work with the CG50? As I have hardly seen it mentioned. Ok thanks
Sdk itself probably works as well as with older models but because some previously developed add-ins frequently but not always used some hard coded addresses for things like screen buffer etc instead of certain system calls available in sdk for those addresses, some (not all) old add-ins may have glitches (mostly because of not using available in sdk system calls). Still to answer your question properly functioning addins for fxcg50 can be built with the same sdk. Some previously broken addins have been fixed by developers after fxcg50 came out.

I will try to update this post if I pick up developing for prizm again and discover some inconsistencies with existing system calls but they probably will be some fringe ones.
Not sure what you really mean when you say 'addins'. Can you not make normal C programs (such as with the C SDK for the 84+CE) ? How is a addin different from a program> Ok thanks Smile
Addins are what you compile with sdk normally (or download) as g3a Giles and put in the root directory of the storage memory of Casio prizm to have them available like any other main menu icons (like physium, 3d graph, etc official or user made addins)

Programs on this calculator are on the other hand normally written in basic or similar language - not sure what file extension they have and which folder you put them on the calculator - but I believe they go into main memory (much smaller than storage memory) and they don’t have visual icon on the main menu to launch them - instead you do it from built in program editor on prizm and they are not compiled as the c written addins and normally are more limited in functionality and speed
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Both sound nice
It looks like the link to the mini-sdk is broken in the first post. You can find the latest download in this post: https://ourl.ca/9205/224838
For anyone looking at setting up macOS to develop for the fx-CG graphical calculator I have uploaded my setup files for macOS including the binary files.

https://www.insoft.uk/downloads/macos/CASIO/

Tho Gatekeeper on later versions of macOS will have to be disabled if using the pre-compiled binary

https://www.insoft.uk/gatekeeper.php

Please note I’ll be updating the uploaded files with the final one that has an Xcode project and Icon template file.

https://www.insoft.uk

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours