I like to use Sourcecoder 3 a lot, (For the TI-84+ Silver Edition) and I noticed there is a sprite editor that pops up every time I use Text(. If I design a sprite, it makes a large integer, which Text( displays. It does not make the sprite I made.

I want to be able to use this feature if possible.

If not, how else can I create title screen sprites fast without downloading picture variables onto my calculator?
I'm new to these forums and don't know much about Sourcecoder 3, but hopefully this link will be useful to you
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/graphics
This is because with most libraries, sprites are put in strings, so defining a string brings up the sprite editor, however, the text() command alone won't display the sprite. If you want to display the sprite in pure basic using the text() command, you can use text sprites. I created a nice tool which allows users to draw in a small canvas and converts that drawing into code that displays that sprite as a text sprite.
Here is a link to that.
Shameless plug
This being said, that is not the reason why the sprite editor appears in SC3. SC3 makes it appear for use with libs like ICE, xLIB, celtic, etc.
(yes, for some reason there is a sprite command in celtic II, I think it is det(9,8...))
It makes it easy to draw and convert that into hex, but you can't use them easily in a pure basic program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours