Welcome!

If you want to upload some programs to the archives, use this form here: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/upload.php

If you want to make topics about your development or something, use the correct subforum Smile

To get your programs into a Downloadable format get TI Connect and drag the files to your computer. There also may be some tutorials on youtube.

Enjoy your stay!
Welcome!

Requirements:
Your program, a readme with instructions for the program, maybe some screenshots, in a compressed zip folder.
Hi everybody, I am fairly new here, and I just say someone else join and it said they should post here, so I thought I would too. I am a self taught programmer, and Bash is my language of choice. I prefer Lubuntu as my OS, but mainly just because my computer is ~8 years old. I joined Cemetech because I wanted SourceCoder to save my projects. I own one calculator, a TI83+. I got it from a friend who did want it any more. Unfortunately, I own no cables for it. No Calc-Calc cable, no USB cable, or anything. However, that has not stopped me from typing in some BASIC programs, such as Mini Bomberman, TI-Flow, 2048, Snake, Minesweeper, and some more I cannot think of right now. I also typed in a few ASM programs in hex, such as Archive, Unarchive, Get Free Ram, Copy Out of Flash, etc. As of now, I am working on making a kind of shell/launcher thing in BASIC with a few ASM pieces. I downloaded a rom for my calculator because I have no way to dump it. I easily could get and use a serial or parallel link cable for my 8 year old computer, but entering programs is not that bad.
A few other random things about me: I play Factorio. I am in high school. I like TheButton by IPhoenix.
Well, I guess I will be seeing all you guys around the site. Bye for now. --JustSomeDude
Welcome to Cemetech ItsJustSomeDude!
I'm not sure why you would use SourceCoder if you don't have any way of sending things to your calc, but that's none of my business Evil or Very Mad
I would really recommend getting a link cable, because manually entering in programs is an enormous waste of time.
Downloading a random ROM from the internet is generally frowned upon, regardless of whether or not you own a physical calculator.
Hey welcome to Cemetech!
I only have one bad thing to say...
ItsJustSomeDude wrote:
I downloaded a rom for my calculator because I have no way to dump it.
I have to inform you that what you're doing is not just frowned upon, it is illegal. TI specifically states in their ROM usage agreement that you may only have one copy of your ROM and ROM may not be distributed in any way. Violation of this can result in punishments that really are not worth having a calculator ROM that's not yours. Wink
I would suggest immediately deleting all copies of the ROM you downloaded and instead buy or borrow a link cable so you can legally use jsTIfied. It's not hard nor expensive so just dump your own ROM and don't risk getting into trouble with the law. You can learn more about ROM usage on TI's site here.
Hey everyone! It seems I never introduced myself, but better late than never!

I'm Peter, a 19-year old boy from the Netherlands, somewhere in the far Europe. I've been programming BASIC, assembly, C and ICE (and a lot more non-calc languages). I've made tons of programs, both before the calculator (totally not for cheating in highschool or anything) and other programming languages. I'm currently studying computer science which is kind of cool. I'm looking forward being on this site and stuff. My first questions were pretty stupid, but who cares? This site seems to be awesome so far!!!

Greetings from PT_, your friendly admin. Smile
Hi PT_, welcome to Cemetech! I'm sure I've never seen you before. I hope you continue to enjoy the site! Laughing
Wow, you just got here and you are an admin?! Razz That was fast!

***SM84CE runs
I was brought to chemetech because someone said, “Hey! You should come and dump your opinion on this faith forum” and then I was like, “ok”
MePhoenix_ wrote:
I was brought to chemetech because someone said, “Hey! You should come and dump your opinion on this faith forum” and then I was like, “ok”

go die in a hole <3
Our wrote:
You should create a Cemetech Account and post what you believe in this topic.
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=269703#269703
Mateo is online and I bet he’d like what you have to say.

Never did I call this a "faith forum". Razz

I'd probably tell you that you might want to pick up a programming language. I'd tell you that it's a lot of fun. But because I know you IRL, you'd probably spam my inbox with stupid "I'm totally not trying to waste your time" messages.

Anywho, welcome to "chemetech". Enjoy your stay.
Hi I'm Chazz,
I am very new to all of this. About three years ago I got my first graphing calculator (TI84+CE) and since then I have been programming BASIC text based games that would probably make a lot of the people here cringe. I have been interested in joining the community for a while because I wanted to get into ez80/ASM (I don't know the difference yet - sorry) and because everyone here is very welcoming and super smart. Today I finally said skrew it I'll try making a post. Hopefully this winds up in the "introduce yourself" topic.
Thank you for reading my introduction blurb,
Chazz Francesconi Smile
ez80 is a specific type of asm, asm is general, iirc.

Also, text based dasic games aren't usually cring6, just make a topic on all of your basic prgms, post code, and someone here will help you out on optimizations and getting them ready to publish.
chazzconi wrote:
Hi I'm Chazz,
I am very new to all of this. About three years ago I got my first graphing calculator (TI84+CE) and since then I have been programming BASIC text based games that would probably make a lot of the people here cringe. I have been interested in joining the community for a while because I wanted to get into ez80/ASM (I don't know the difference yet - sorry) and because everyone here is very welcoming and super smart. Today I finally said skrew it I'll try making a post. Hopefully this winds up in the "introduce yourself" topic.
Thank you for reading my introduction blurb,
Chazz Francesconi Smile

Welcome to Cemetech!
ASM stands for assembler or assembly. It is more or less the lowest level programming language you can get for any system. The zilog ez80 is the microprocessor found in the ti-84 plus CE, and therefore, it is programmed in ez80 ASM.
As for where your posts wind up, it is a pretty standard forum system, so the posts wind up in whatever thread you post them in.
I am new here, my name is Detron.
I work in IT security, and have been fascinated with calculators since the 7th grade.
I have very little interest in basic 4 function type calculators, unless they are old enough to have been very expensive.
I'm a 17 year old who has been programming since 5th grade and spend most of my life making things on the computer whether it's games or programs to help me with specific tasks. I have experience in languages such as C, C#, Java, JavaScript, Lua, Scratch, HTML, PHP, and Python and hope to broaden my knowledge with each. I can also make super advanced Scratch projects (plug) like sending and receiving external data through a node.js script and cloud variables or creating and exporting MIDI files through Scratch.

I got into calculator programming when I found a TI-84 Plus CE at a garage sale for $5 and learned how to program it in C the day I got it. The fact that I can bring my home programming life to school really excited me because now I don't have to worry about teachers getting mad unless they're less clueless than I think. Now I'm trying to learn TI-BASIC and ICE so I can further my experience with it. So far, I've learned a lot about computers and optimization by using this, I even made a CHIP-8 emulator for my calculator called CHIP-84.

Can't wait to see what I can do next!
Hi everyone!! I'm ryan and I'm 15, I'm off school for the summer and I've always been interested in coding so I figured now is the perfect time to start learning! I love math, reading, memes, and learning in general. I'm hoping to come to this website to get help when I need it and reach out to you guys Smile Thank you for having me Very Happy
Welcome to Cemetech, Ryan! What are you looking to program on? Calculators, computers, phones, web, a bit of everything? Any interesting projects in mind that drove your interest in coding?
I thought that I would start with TI Basic (I think that's what it's called - sorry if I'm wrong) and work my way up from calculators once I get the hang of that, I might try to learn Python? I don't have any projects in mind I've just always had a knack for math and stuff like that because I view it as a puzzle and I like puzzles a lot. Do you know any sites/resources or somewhere on this site I can use to start TI Basic?
RyanTND wrote:
I thought that I would start with TI Basic (I think that's what it's called - sorry if I'm wrong) and work my way up from calculators once I get the hang of that, I might try to learn Python? I don't have any projects in mind I've just always had a knack for math and stuff like that because I view it as a puzzle and I like puzzles a lot. Do you know any sites/resources or somewhere on this site I can use to start TI Basic?

Welcome to Cemetech!
There is always the learn section. Another great resource is tibasicdev, but personally, I think the best way to learn basic is to look at other programs and get a feel for the logic and maybe try modifying them slightly, then when you're comfortable enough, try writing your own programs and asking questions.
ckosmic wrote:
I got into calculator programming when I found a TI-84 Plus CE at a garage sale for $5 ... The fact that I can bring my home programming life to school really excited me because now I don't have to worry about teachers getting mad unless they're less clueless than I think.

Your story of how you got into programming is remarkably similar to mine Very Happy. For me, I found a TI83+ in a Salvation Army store and was intrested in how it said 'programming'. It was also only 5 bucks and I decided, why not. Here I am, 5 years after the fact, still programming.

However, I have learned more this past year alone than those other 4 years combined (primarily due to cemetech).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 133 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours