I have decided I will participate, I am making a game on ICE, you have to move a little Santa character around the bottom of the screen, and catch the presents, and avoid something else, coal maybe, I have spent a few hours on it already, and have the moving, and score keeping done, I am now just adding a better background, and a starting screen, and maybe some different modes. screenshots coming soon!

EDIT: I got the screenshot up, here it is so far!

as you can see, scorekeeping is not very good, but it is still a work in progress!

He seems to stare into my soul...

Anyways, looks like you've got some great progress! Will you add more objects other than coal and presents? Maybe Santa will need to avoid a falling sleigh or something. Razz
This looks really cool! Nice progress! (That looks like catch the snowflakes Razz But it's still good!)
I got some more work done, I added lives, and slowed the speed of the presents down, and I fixed the faulty score keeping and added a menu and a game over screen, screenshot coming soon!
EDIT: here's my screenshot!
I added coal, it currently moves twice as fast as the presents (as fast as the hearts), and fixed more bugs, I am now open to suggestions, if there are any. Smile
The menu is VERY nice! You might try to slow it down a tiny bit to reduce glitches, but it's up to you. You might also want to make the trees vary a little bit, in size or color. I would add a background, but that might slow it down, so maybe not. Good work so far!
jcgter777 wrote:
The menu is VERY nice! You might try to slow it down a tiny bit to reduce glitches, but it's up to you. You might also want to make the trees vary a little bit, in size or color. I would add a background, but that might slow it down, so maybe not. Good work so far!

It does not glitch as much as the screenshot shows, it is a lot smoother, in fact, I had to add some pauses in there because it is too fast.
I thought it would look cooler with a background, but I had no idea what to put there, so there is none.
The size is at 4892 bt, so not that large.
I have started some work on highscores, I have expirimented with appvars before, and know how to read what is inside them, but I need help on how to replace the old highscore with the new. I have the rest figured out. please help.
So I really actually need help using the "write(" command.
The documentation tells you what commands (mode) to use when reading/writing to an appvar. You'll probably want to choose the one that allows you to see what the current ones are, and then have them overwrite.

An idea is just to store the numbers in the appvar, extracting it all, and then using your program itself to organize it.
I have looked at the documentation, and I need to know how to use the write( command.
john35588 wrote:
I have looked at the documentation, and I need to know how to use the write( command.

example of how to use "write("

Code:

sum(1,var,"r+"→D
sum(11,size,D //The size that you want the appvar to be
sum(4,data,length_of_data,1,D
sum(3,D

or alternatively:

Code:

"QWERTYUIOP"→DATA
sum(1,var,"r+"→D
sum(11,size,D //The size that you want the appvar to be (I'm only using this because it's much faster than just using putChar.
While *{DATA+A
sum(7,*{DATA+A},D
End
sum(3,D

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours