Boo! (Never thought I'd come back did ya?)

I thought I'd post and say maybe I'll enter this, but maybe not since I'm going on vacation from the 6th to the 24...

Anyways, I probably will make something using NodeJS and be really fast about it Razz
All right, I'm going to make a website where people can submit their holiday ideas and how to do them. They will use markdown to describe everything, or post links to existing guides or lists of ideas.

The backend is going to be in NodeJS and using Express and the Handlebars templating engine. I think thats about it!
Updates! (Click the images to enlarge)

I created a submit page, complete with recaptcha, holiday selection, and a preview of your markdown Smile

And then, to make thinks even more awesome, I created a search page that has a thumbnail for entries.

And one more thing - the idea page, with edit and delete buttons (that work), as well as a view counter.

If you have suggestions or problems, let me know Smile
Looks great so far! Very Happy You should add a homepage next that displays the most recent and most viewed posts. Maybe you could add a comment system too?
Welp, just submitted!

I added a popular page as well as selection of holidays and icons on the tutorial page.

To the judges or whomever is in charge of posting voting: Make sure that you include the link to the website, not just the source Smile
You are the first to submit! Whoohoo! (At least that posted, or else I'm blind)

I'll make sure to include it when I make the voting thread!
It's funny that you mention that because if everyone just put the source of their program there, lots of people wouldn't know how to put it in a program or whatever it is to run and try it. It's good to be cautious though!
Someone sent me a pm so I got an email... thought I'd drop by real quick and say that you have very nice web design skills! Good luck in the contest! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Someone sent me a pm so I got an email... thought I'd drop by real quick and say that you have very nice web design skills! Good luck in the contest! Smile

Hey, thanks! The materialize CSS framework makes things easier, of course Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours