I wished that this could have been avoided or pushed back as far as possible despite the fact that with my planned job switch (which has already happened by now), it was pretty much inevitable, but sadly, life has chosen for me.

After 16 years of service in the TI calculator community and nearly 3 years on CodeWalrus, it's time to say goodbye. I already stopped calculator programming over a year ago and had mostly moved on in real life afterwards, but I had originally planned to continue sticking around for as long as I could afterwards. Sadly, that time is now over, for various reasons including loss of interest and lack of time.

Thursday will most likely be my final day around here, unless I can somehow manage to return after my own move next Spring or Summer. But I would like to thank everyone who have been so supportive over the last 16 years and I wish everyone good luck in their future endeavours.

~Kevin Ouellet, alias xlibman & DJ Omnimaga
Best of luck with everything and thanks for your contributions to the community
Some departures are quiet and discreet; let this one be no exception.

The Z80 sorcery you have allowed to promulgate on the Internet has proven unparalleled: for students, a calculator is their other game console; for scholars, the calculator has been repurposed into a fully programmable computer, algebra, and communication system.

What a wonder.
We're gonna miss you a lot bro. Thanks for being one of the people who changed my life (and the lives of others) by showing the true power in calculators.

Best of luck with everything you'll be facing Smile
NOOOOOOO!!

Good luck though; we'll all miss you.

Maybe you'll come back here. You never know.
By the way, regarding my CW resignation and the xlibman/DJ goodbye post above, disregard the goodbye post. For explanation about what exactly happened (and I would prefer that it is discussed only in the following link), check this topic https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=2217 (WARNING: NSFW). It's only in French for now, because I felt it was important to explain it in my language first. I'll translate it later. I am better now, but I'll wait a short while before rejoining the CodeWalrus staff. What happened in that private post has nothing to do with the TI community.

(Although the part about my new job and upcoming move putting reducing my activity to very low levels is actually true for most non-CW sites since I don't have as much free time, so in case I don't post for months, you can keep the Cemetech version of this topic intact for now)
xlibman wrote:
By the way, regarding my CW resignation and the xlibman/DJ goodbye post above, disregard the goodbye post. For explanation about what exactly happened (and I would prefer that it is discussed only in the following link), check this topic https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=2217 (WARNING: NSFW). It's only in French for now, because I felt it was important to explain it in my language first. I'll translate it later. I am better now, but I'll wait a short while before rejoining the CodeWalrus staff. What happened in that private post has nothing to do with the TI community.

(Although the part about my new job and upcoming move putting reducing my activity to very low levels is actually true for most non-CW sites since I don't have as much free time, so in case I don't post for months, you can keep the Cemetech version of this topic intact for now)

Link does not work?
It works, but the topic is off-limits. It might be reserved for CW admins since I have a CW account and cannot access it.

I just logged in, after like 2 months of not doing anything, and just got a welcome PM from xlibman Razz

We'll miss you, xlibman! Hope you can get some free time for Cemetech! Smile
jcgter777 wrote:
It works, but the topic is off-limits. It might be reserved for CW admins since I have a CW account and cannot access it.

I just logged in, after like 2 months of not doing anything, and just got a welcome PM from xlibman Razz

We'll miss you, xlibman! Hope you can get some free time for Cemetech! Smile

This topic is a bit old actually. The welcome PM is automatic on CodeWalrus. If you have issue logging in then you have to PM me or Juju on Cemetech, TI-Planet or Omnimaga. But keep in mind that only the Discord server is still officially maintained.
I have no issue logging in, but it's just that the PM took a long time, apparently. I wa on that a few weeks, but never got a PM. Good now! Smile
For the record, the topic is in the safe haven subforum and requires 100 posts to access.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
For the record, the topic is in the safe haven subforum and requires 100 posts to access.

Makes sense.

***jcgter777 spams 100 posts nd runs
Just Joking Just Joking

I won't do that. I think I've heard that before, but it's too high for me Razz. I'm probably not going to see it, because I never post on CW, so...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours