Okay, I am working using Jen's Script editor on my CC21 (huge progress is being done by the way) and someone took my slide case and while being in my bag, my calculator stuck in self in Press-To-Test, how can I get out when I have no access to a computer (that can have applications installed) or a handheld (other than mine)!
If it's not self-testing yet, it just says "Press any button to self-test" or something, just press ON to escape.
If the calculator is in test mode, you can link with another calculator and send a file from that calculator to exit test mode. If you don't have another one, find someone who does. You might also be able to reset the calculator with the Reset button on the back, but that would erase everything.
Michael2_3B wrote:
If it's not self-testing yet, it just says "Press any button to self-test" or something, just press ON to escape.

This is an nspire, and it's in PTT mode, not self-test Wink

jonbush wrote:
If the calculator is in test mode, you can link with another calculator and send a file from that calculator to exit test mode. If you don't have another one, find someone who does. You might also be able to reset the calculator with the Reset button on the back, but that would erase everything.

You can also exit PTT mode by connecting the calc to a computer that has the nspire link software like this:
ti wrote:
Create a folder on your computer called “Press-to-Test”
In that folder, place an empty tns document called “Exit Test Mode”. This file is the only file that should be in that folder. Note: folder and file names are case-sensitive
Send this file to your connected device and you will exit Press-to-Test mode
mr womp womp wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

This is an nspire, and it's in PTT mode, not self-test Wink

My bad - the title didn't say anything about that when I posted it. He changed the title.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours