Well, think of april fools day, think of a bad joke....
jcgter777 wrote:

General
This can be a program or game, in any language, for any platforms, celebrating a holiday. Be creative! You cannot copy or use part of any other programs, and no program previously published is eligible; this has to be entirely new. You can choose how exactly you celebrate your holiday. There cannot be any inappropriate content, or any content that discriminates against others. This contest is open to all Cemetech users, whether you’re a contestant or a voter. Voting will be done in a separate thread, and not in this one.

So could I just have a program that switches on and off an array of 9 (3x3) 'lamps', based on a keypress? I'll elaborate more in my thread, after I get screenshot links up...
SM84CE wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

General
This can be a program or game, in any language, for any platforms, celebrating a holiday. Be creative! You cannot copy or use part of any other programs, and no program previously published is eligible; this has to be entirely new. You can choose how exactly you celebrate your holiday. There cannot be any inappropriate content, or any content that discriminates against others. This contest is open to all Cemetech users, whether you’re a contestant or a voter. Voting will be done in a separate thread, and not in this one.

So could I just have a program that switches on and off an array of 9 (3x3) 'lamps', based on a keypress? I'll elaborate more in my thread, after I get screenshot links up...

So like a version of [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_Out_(game)]Lights Out[/url], but slightly different and marginally changed in a way that could make it less fun and potentially impossible? Razz
Less complex, that's for sure. I haven't yet decided on what exactly, but it will revolve around a Lights-Out theme...
SM84CE wrote:
Less complex, that's for sure. I haven't yet decided on what exactly, but it will revolve around a Lights-Out theme...

At least you have an idea, better than most right now....
Could I make a website or does it have to be a program?
Unicorn wrote:
Could I make a website or does it have to be a program?

Well...
jcgter777 wrote:
General
This can be a program or game, in any language, for any platforms, celebrating a holiday. Be creative! You cannot copy or use part of any other programs, and no program previously published is eligible; this has to be entirely new. You can choose how exactly you celebrate your holiday. There cannot be any inappropriate content or any content that discriminates against others. This contest is open to all Cemetech users, whether you’re a contestant or a voter. Voting will be done in a separate thread, and not in this one.

I would say no to a website... just because of "This can be a program or a game"
Sorry Sad

Edit: Just Joking
Just the same, I'd like to hear from Jonbush or jcgter777 Smile
Unicorn wrote:
Just the same, I'd like to hear from Jonbush or jcgter777 Smile

It can! A website can technically be a program, coded for a platform, the web, or the computer. Go for it! Smile
Can I make my "holiday theme" passive. As in my game isn't directly associated with a holiday, and I just have everyone in my program, say, wear a Christmas tree hat or something.

Edit: Also, are there any rewards for winner(s), besides the feeling of a job well done?
jcgter777 wrote:
It can! A website can technically be a program, coded for a platform, the web, or the computer. Go for it! Smile

Awesome - and a couple of questions about submitting.

Should I just email the URL to the site, as well as the code + instructions for running locally in a .zip?
Since it currently uses google stuff and a database, there is some confidential information in the source code as well, so I will be omitting that.
I think that covers everything, and thanks for hosting this!
TI84pceBasicPro wrote:
Can I make my "holiday theme" passive. As in my game isn't directly associated with a holiday, and I just have everyone in my program, say, wear a Christmas tree hat or something.

Edit: Also, are there any rewards for winner(s), besides the feeling of a job well done?

You should make your own topic, so I (and others like jonbush or Kerm) can see it, but it sounds like it's not as related as it should be. As for the rewards, read Kerm's post Wink (mine copied over Razz. )

Unicorn wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

Awesome - and a couple of questions about submitting.

Should I just email the URL to the site, as well as the code + instructions for running locally in a .zip?
Since it currently uses google stuff and a database, there is some confidential information in the source code as well, so I will be omitting that.
I think that covers everything, and thanks for hosting this!

I think that you've got it, but I'll just check with jonbush to be certain.

What if you made it something that can be run through an html file, and include the link in the readme? (just an idea, but it depends on what language you're writing it in). Also, please make a topic "CC21: Unicorn" to document progress Smile.
jcgter777 wrote:

You should make your own topic, so I (and others like jonbush or Kerm) can see it, but it sounds like it's not as related as it should be. As for the rewards, read Kerm's post Wink (mine copied over Razz. )

I don't see the rewards on the post
Kerm edited my first post, and moved my "editorial" to his post.
jcgter777 wrote:
Kerm edited my first post, and moved my "editorial" to his post.

So no rewards Surprised
Friendly reminder that there's less than two days to the end of the contest! We've received only a few entries so far, and look forward to seeing many.
I just submitted mine. For Gmail security reasons, I had to change my local javascript file from main.js to main.txt in the ZIP.

My game may not be top notch, but it is simple and has helped me memorize quite a few more digits of pi Razz
Less than 20 minutes to the end of the contest! Voting may not start tomorrow in the morning, but it will most likely start tomorrow afternoon/night or the day after, although not likely. Wish you all the best of luck!

(I should be sleeping right now, Razz)

EDIT on the next day:
Well, the contest is over. I have everything for the voting topic except for the entries Razz. As soon as I get them, I will make the topic. Please be patient. Thank you!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours