Are there any Mario games on the nspire, that don't require ndless, programmed in Lua?
I have decided to make one myself, how would I even start?
I do not have an nspire but this might help. Smile[/url]
That really does help, thank you!
Well, I started developing this and right after I started, I gave up on the project Sad Could someone else make Mario Nspire in Lua instead of me (I'm just not good enough)
re-creating the entire mario game is a pretty difficult task, and since it is already very easy to play mario on a nspire with ndless, I strongly doubt that anybody would bother. I'm not sure why you absolutely don't want to use ndless though...
You can download ndless, then download gbc4nspire, then grab a GBC Mario ROM from a completely legitimate source, following all of the rules and regulations, add the extension as described in the gbc4nspire readme, and send it all to your calc, install ndless, run gbc4nspire, and you should be all set.
Will ndless leave any permanent trace on my calc or do anything to use on standardized tests
timedia wrote:
Will ndless leave any permanent trace on my calc or do anything to use on standardized tests

Technically, if you have ndless installed, your calc isn't allowed on most standardized tests, however, ndless won't leave any permanent scars, uninstalling it or resetting your calc before the test would make it acceptable again.
Quote:
if you have ndless installed, your calc isn't allowed on most standardized tests

This wording is BS Smile
In itself, the Ndless framework impacts in no way, positively or negatively, the usage of the PTT mode. Modern versions of Ndless explicitly strive at not being full-featured in PTT mode...
Tools whose aim is attacking the PTT mode wouldn't even need to use the Ndless framework. Such tools would have to be censored by moderators / admins on all of the community's message boards and file archives (but of course not elsewhere). Fortunately, from the POV of calculator manufacturers, hardly anybody cares enough about calculators, and the PTT stupidity, to make such tools.

Quote:
however, ndless won't leave any permanent scars,

That part is, however, true.

Quote:
uninstalling it or resetting your calc before the test would make it acceptable again.

There's no acceptability problem created solely by Ndless.
The fact that Ndless is visible (which means that the PTT mode isn't used) does not mean that a calculator's PTT status has been tampered with.
The fact that Ndless is not visible (even outside of the PTT mode) does not mean that a calculator's PTT status hasn't been tampered with...
Lionel Debroux wrote:
The fact that Ndless is visible (which means that the PTT mode isn't used)

You can actually install ndless in PTT mode, so long as the files have been sent after the calc has been put in PTT mode.
As for ndless itself being an issue, of course if it is installed and your calc is then put in PTT mode, then there wouldn't be an issue, what I meant is that ndless allows users to create things like PTTKiller, which surely wouldn't be allowed on exams.
Quote:
what I meant is that ndless allows users to create things like PTTKiller,

Didn't I explicitly write that such programs don't need Ndless ? Wink
If I install ndless, would I still be able to send the calculator back to TI after uninstalling and still get it fixed?
Quote:
would I still be able to send the calculator back to TI after uninstalling and still get it fixed?

Well, wouldn't that follow from what mr womp womp wrote above, "ndless won't leave any permanent scars" ? Wink

Short answer: "yes".

I'm curious: what makes you so weary about Ndless and Ndless-based programs ? Smile

Again, in itself, Ndless isn't a problem. It's usually relatively hard to completely brick a Nspire (heck, TI's own software upgrades have created semi-bricks in the past !)...
Finally, even if you made a brick, which I just wrote is unlikely, and the issue is attributed by the community's Nspire experts (which mainly gather outside of Cemetech, BTW) to a Ndless-based program (even more unlikely)... why on earth would you tell TI-doesn't-care (sorry, "TI-Cares") about whatever you did to your calculator, given that they'll usually replace it without caring about why it doesn't work ?
Well, I don't want to be left without a calculator in math class, as this is my only one. I also do not want my warranty voided or worse have it be unusable in the SAT/ACT/IB and other standardized tests.
Both Nespire and GBC4nspire do not load and say "Compatibility something something"

EDIT: Gbsp is working, this is great

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours