I just picked up a TI Nspire with 2 keyboards, a TI 84 Plus and a Touchpad. It's hardly been used and the selling price was $10. The people selling it bought it for their son back in 2010, but they said it was too complicated for him and it was just stuck in a drawer. I bought it just to play around with it, and yes it is complicated to use. After about a week I’m starting to understand all the different sections and what to do with them. I’ve gone thru every menu just to see what’s there. But I have a question about memory. When I do a Home, 5, 4, it shows Version 2.0.0.1188 and Available space 14.0 MB out of 27.8 MB. When I do Home,2, MyDocuments shows 243 KB. Is that 27.8 MB supposed to be user memory, and if so, where’s all the memory that’s being used if MyDocuments is just using 243 KB. I’ve done a forum and google search, but didn’t find an answer. The 14.0 MB is probably more memory than I’ll ever use, but I’m just wondering about the other memory and what’s using it.

Thanks

Dave
Your OS is sorely outdated, update to 3.9 the latest version for the nspire grayscales
Thanks for the reply, timedia. I know my OS is way out of date, but I probably won’t update it. I’m just playing around with the Nspire to learn how to use it. Once I get bored with it, I’ll pull the batteries and toss it in with all my other TI calculators. I have 60 of them and whenever I find one that I don’t have, I’ll buy it if it’s not too expensive. I was just curious where the big chunk of memory was that’s being used. I think it’s the OS getting copied into user memory. If so, I don’t know why the OS doesn’t have its own memory area.
It may be the operating system, being outdated, counting the memory wrong?
Try deleting the OS using the maintenance menu and install 3.9, no guarantees that the calc wont brick though
The Nspire's way to count the memory has always been peculiar, the OS version has nothing to do with it.

Updating a Clickpad or Touchpad Nspire to OS 3.9 isn't necessarily the smartest thing to do, for those who want to be able use it for purposes other than merely transferring the OS and a few simple Basic / Lua documents...
Ndless works with 3.9 doesn't it? If i'm not mistaken a new installer has recently been released

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours