So I recently just got some ASM games on my TI-84 Plus CE calculator and all the games say that you have to type Asm( first to run the game. In my case, you don't have to do it. I think it has something to do with the new 5.3 software update for the TI-84 Plus CE. Now, all you have to do is open programs and enter the game you want to play instead of always typing ASM(. Is this the same with you guys?
Yes, not needing to use the Asm( prefix to run assembly programs is a feature of OS 5.3. Additionally, programs do not need to be unarchived to be run.
Yep, but since every previous calculator, and every previous OS version requires the Asm( token, it is still quite common for people to use it. This should have been done years ago, but better late than never. Since we can expect every subsequent calculator and OS version to include this feature, it'll inevitably become uncommon and people will no longer mention it.
Ok cool, thanks for the info guys. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours