The reason I use Phasm is so that I can edit archived programs, in case my calc resets when editing.
Legoman314 wrote:
The reason I use Phasm is so that I can edit archived programs, in case my calc resets when editing.

No requests to make this a Cesium feature? Razz
CALLED IT!! Razz

Feature request plz:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Legoman314 wrote:

No requests to make this a Cesium feature? Razz
Also fun fact, PHASM just moves the program to ram when editing. So if it did crash when editing, you would probably lose it Smile
Version 2.5.0 pre-release is here. Check it out, and if someone wouldn't mind compiling a list of features to add that would be nice Smile

https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases/tag/v2.5.0
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Version 2.5.0 pre-release is here. Check it out, and if someone wouldn't mind compiling a list of features to add that would be nice Smile

https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases/tag/v2.5.0

Cool!!! What do you mean by features? Feature requests? Already added features?

List of feature requests:

Starring programs/apps feature
    Maybe more folders
    Appvar list
    Pinning programs
    (Not really, but it'd be cool) A pop up color pallette when choosing colors
    More customizable theme like FG and BG, rainbow theme, etc.
    If I went to Cesium from the editor, to go back to the editor, like when I'm testing a program
    *New* Be able to change brightness in the settings menu (basically just more settings things)

I'll add more when I see them.
I love this update! Doing everything from Cesium is really nice now! One thing I noticed is Auto Power Down is disabled when viewing the editor through Cesium. I'm torn if I want APD to be included.
So, sort of going off of what jc said here, I've always wanted something like this in Doors where pressing a key when in the editor would test the program and once the program would stop, it would take you back to the editor where you left your cursor, so maybe you could do something like that?
mets11rap wrote:
So, sort of going off of what jc said here, I've always wanted something like this in Doors where pressing a key when in the editor would test the program and once the program would stop, it would take you back to the editor where you left your cursor.

The thing is, this is Cesium, not Doors. I thought that DCSE could use the editor like you said, but I guess not.
jcgter777, he wanted a list of Cesium features, not a list of feature requests. Lists of feature requests make developers feel under appreciated (or useful, depends on the mood of the developer) Razz
I've got your back Mateo! Very Happy
Features list

HUD:
  • Displays battery level.
  • Program count. (toggle in settings)
  • Current time. (toggle in settings)
  • Custom color scheme. (changeable in settings)

Backup features:
  • Backup RAM before executing programs (with [2nd] button). If a program crashes, nothing will be deleted or lost! (toggle in settings)
  • Quick launch button (the [enter] button) that skips backup process.
  • External backup, if your calculator crashes outside of Cesium, everything is still protected!
  • Restore External backup feature so you can revert your calculator back to its backed-up state whenever you want.
  • Video of every backup feature and how to use them: https://youtu.be/hZDzV1CDN3k

Basic Features:
  • Quick launch with [ON]+[prgm] (toggle in settings)
  • Quick (adjustable) password lock with [ON]+[stat] (toggle in settings)

• Run ASM programs directly from it.
  • Run Archived programs with any OS.
  • Edit Archived BASIC programs. (Won't edit locked programs)
  • While editing program, you have access to the entire screen (the "PROGRAM:NAME" line isn't there)
  • Turn off loading indicator when running BASIC programs. (toggle in settings)

• Search for programs.
  • Archive programs
  • Lock programs from editing.
  • Hide programs from normal [prgm] button.
  • Rename a program.
  • Create a program.
  • Delete a program.

• Folder dedicated to FLASH applications. (No other folder support) (toggle in settings)
  • Automatically quits after a minute of inactivity so it won't drain your battery.

Displays program details such as:
  • Displays an icon next to the programs name.
  • Language the program was written in.
  • How large a program is.
  • Extra information about a program at the bottom of the HUD.

Language support:
  • English
  • French (Credits to Adriweb for translation)

I hope I got everything!
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
jcgter777, he wanted a list of Cesium features, not a list of feature requests. Lists of feature requests make developers feel under appreciated (or useful, depends on the mood of the developer) Razz

Actually I sort of left it up to the interpretation Razz I don't mind feature requests right now because I'm adding things.

Thanks everyone! I'll see how I can implement these things reasonably Smile

Especically TheLastMillennial, that is quite the list haha.
Wow this is great!!! I didn't even know there were this many features. I have like the first version so yea. I gotta update it.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

MateoC literally told me on IRC that he wanted a list of feature requests so he wouldn't have to scroll through all of them.

EDIT: relevant IRC lines:
3:43:03 PM <jcgter777> mateo++ MateoC: what list?
3:43:22 PM <MateoC> idk a list of features so that way I don't have to search for them
What is the default password and how do you change it? Confused
Legoman314 wrote:

Read the readme. Smile
Legoman314 wrote:

Pro tip: Read the readMe

5555 is the default, and you press [sto->] in the settings menu to change it.
Thanks a lot!

P.S. I should try out your pro tip Very Happy
New feature requests!!!

1. maybe be able to move programs around/reorder
  2. since you're adding things, why not a scrollbar... Very Happy
  3. (I mentioned settings whatever but...) Changing highlighting color
  4. an about page, accessed through settings
  5. more visible highlighting in the settings menu
  6. perhaps not allow a completely white icon?
  7. be able to create a group from Cesium
  8. make a backup stored in a different appvar that can be "recalled" at any time
  9. when resetting with backup on (while in a program), not reset the time
  10. maybe put clibs into Cesium so appvar list won't be as cluttered

Older ones copied over

1. Starring programs/apps feature
  2. Maybe more folders
  3. Appvar list
  4. Pinning programs
  5. (Not really, but it'd be cool) A pop up color pallette when choosing colors
  6. More customizable theme like FG and BG, rainbow theme, etc.
  7. If I went to Cesium from the editor, to go back to the editor, like when I'm testing a program
  8. Be able to change brightness in the settings menu (basically just more settings things)

To prevent double posting,

jcgter777 wrote:
New feature requests:
  1. be able to turn off error goto (settings toggle)
  2. Eliminate 255 white as a BG color selection

Bugs/reports:
  1. When running cclock by critor and Kerm, error at If "G!=1:Radian" (doesn't happen on homescreen)
  2. stick hero freezes in Cesium (not on homescreen)
  3. Phasm is stuck offline in Cesium (not on homescreen)

EDIT: New things

1. After using ICE's trace menu in the editor, program name reappears.
  2. Sometimes, DefineSprite doesn't replace minY (only in Cesium editor)
  3. Maybe delete the execute program menu item in the F5 menu?
  4. Have the left arrow when renaming programs and creating new programs not delete everything
  5. Have a window pop up when you want to rename/create new program
  6. Somehow fit all commands into the list (Or put them somewhere else?)
I thought this was an ICE bug at first, but this only happens with Cesium (2.5.0) installed.

When you're editing a program or on the home screen (thanks for that SM84CE!) and [2nd]+[A-Lock] is on for lowercase letters, then you press and hold an arrow key, a token gets spammed on the screen. For CEmu it spammed 'Line(', and if I held the left arrow it swapped to the (TI-OS) [mode] screen, and if I held the down arrow it swapped to the 'plot' screen.

But for my physical CE it only spammed 'XFact' not matter which arrow key I held. This bug also occurred when I held down the [del] key, but only on my physical CE.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 16 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours