I bought a mini to mini USB cable ( I don't know the technical names for the cables) that I was going to use to transfer some programs from my calc to my friends. We both have Ti-84 Plus CE. I plugged both calcs in and went to the link menu. I selected a program to test it and put his on receive. When I tried to send the file, it just gave me the ERROR: Error in Xmit. I unplugged the cords and tried again to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
Have you tried switching the cable ends? I believe the sending calc must be on side A and the receiver on side B
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Have you tried switching the cable ends? I believe the sending calc must be on side A and the receiver on side B

Oh. I think I was using a B to B on accident, which would explain my problem.

EDIT: Could you add a link to where I can get the correct cable.
21tmccauley wrote:

That's just being lazy. You can easily go to Google and search "TI-84+CE linking cable" or "mini A to B USB cable" and find a link to Amazon, eBay, or someone just selling cables.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
21tmccauley wrote:

That's just being lazy. You can easily go to Google and search "TI-84+CE linking cable" or "mini A to B USB cable" and find a link to Amazon, eBay, or someone just selling cables.

I just asked because when I looked last, all I could find was the cord I'm using now, and USB to mini USB, both of which do not work.
I am curious why it matters whether the mini-A or mini-B end of the link cable is connected? Both connectors appear to be electrically equivalent, and usually fit into the same ports. With the TI-84+ it does not matter which end is plugged into the transmitting calculator, but when linking with the Nspire with 84+ keypad it is necessary to plug the A end into the transmitting calculator. If anyone has insight into this, please share.
jonbush wrote:
I am curious why it matters whether the mini-A or mini-B end of the link cable is connected? Both connectors appear to be electrically equivalent, and usually fit into the same ports. With the TI-84+ it does not matter which end is plugged into the transmitting calculator, but when linking with the Nspire with 84+ keypad it is necessary to plug the A end into the transmitting calculator. If anyone has insight into this, please share.

On a TI-84+CE, the ends of the cable can always be switched. I would recommend not plugging side A into your calc too much. Doing that last year too much made the inside of the plug thing come out, and I had to get a new one. Both sides work, though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours