I'm widening my knowledge and expanding to multiplayer. I've never done it before and I'm having some issues. I tried reading TI-Dev and it's very hard to follow. If someone wouldn't mind taking the time, an example code of verifying the connectivity of 2 calculators and exchanging data would be much appreciated. Very Happy
You can look at my Instant Messanger program here: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/basic/programs/InstantMessager2.zip
I was working on another multiplayer game, but gave up, Good luck!
Can you please explain the logic?

Also, you have a memory leak Razz
Pretty much, when ever you want to send or receive a string or variable, the calculator receiving needs to have GetCalc(Str1, for strings, or GetCalc([variable], for variables, and so forth. The calculator on the giving end has to be paused.
Also, what memory leak?
In the Repeat 7=8

So wait, there's no way for live updating?
mets11rap wrote:
In the Repeat 7=8

Oh, I had no Idea that made a memory leak, I just needed to have it repeat. What does the memory leak do to the calculator?

mets11rap wrote:

Correct, That’s one of the reasons why I gave up on my other program.
It builds up RAM which makes the program run slower and less memory can be used. Memory leaks are caused by Gotos when in "End" needing command strings. Just do

Code:
Repeat max(K={VALUES
getKey→K
End
If K=VALUE
etc.

Also, you didn't answer my last question Razz
john35588 wrote:
mets11rap wrote:
In the Repeat 7=8

Oh, I had no Idea that made a memory leak, I just needed to have it repeat. What does the memory leak do to the calculator?

mets11rap wrote:

Correct, That’s one of the reasons why I gave up on my other program.

Aww that sucks D: alright, thanks anyway. I guess I'll have to cancel 2 projects I wanted to make.
You can still make the programs, there will just have to be little pauses.
Does the program actually have to be paused with the Pause command or does it hiccup?
It can be paused, or on the input command, or wait.
:/
Is assembly capable of async linking?

Also, If I were to getCalc and the program would continue, what would happen?

Also also, would For(Z,1,1):End work?

Code:

For(Z,1,1
End

would work, Z will just be 1, but you can not use that for the wait time to get the data. It has to be either Pause, Input, Wait, etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours