Oh Good
You now register with a username and password (to prevent impersonation).

Additionally, you can sign in with said username and password Razz

All usernames have been unclaimed. You will need to re-claim them.

https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/register/
Right now, UniChat is down. You can't send messages, but you still can register for your account here.

LAX18 and I think that think that this is because of the new and awesome security update made by iPhoenix. (Or, the security is so tight that we can't see messages. Razz)
Also, _iPhoenix_: Can you remove the border for my new image? Or at least change it a little?

EDIT: LAX18 will do it! Razz

EDIT#2: I love the new command box. That is a REALLY good place for the box thing.

EDIT#3: _iPhoenix_: I made examples of each command. LAX18 already merged them. If you don't like this, you can revert it.

EDIT#4: I made new images for the sticky bar Razz

Here: https://i.imgur.com/27pFzEw.png?1

And, a new version is being worked on by LAX18 and me. We're trying to make one that can add buttons to it. (Just UniChat will stay in that one. I'm trying to scale it down right now.)

EDIT#5: The new UniChat top bar image. This is just for when you scroll down, and the top image disappears. Buttons will be added on the side. https://i.imgur.com/uDPh3R8.png?1

EDIT#6: iPhoenix: the nav bar is ready, and already merged. I PMed you about it too!
Awesome. I'm going to request no changes to the nav bar until 7:00 tonight, because I have amazing fancy new plans Razz

I also want to say that UniChat (the chatting part, not the register form, and I'm still not sure if the login form WORKS...) will be down most of the day. Sorry Crying

Also, jcgter777, you have not registered.

https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/register/
I registered! I'll work on a better logo, and use LAX18's own version to test. won't disturb the new one Razz
_iPhoenix_ told me to say this, but UniChat's back up, and it has a fancy navbar, improved protection (password + username), etc.
Excuse me, but UniChat is glitching completely out. It refreshes, goes to another page every 3 seconds
jcgter777 wrote:
Excuse me, but UniChat is glitching completely out. It refreshes, goes to another page every 3 seconds

Try clearing your browser cookies and signing back in.
This isn't a big thing, but it triggers my OCD. The Home icon has the image on the top layer (This can be seen when right clicking on the icon), but not the other buttons.
Yes, that's because it IS an image, while the others are SVG's (GitHub octicons) and not technically icons.
I have now logged in! It looks soo much better. iPhoenix: I think that the UniChat icon should be better. Tell me what you want, and I'll make one.
Hey, think you could make emotes and markdown text a thing?

Also, make clicking on the active filters remove them.

Taking away filters will not refresh chat.
_iPhoenix_: Are the bots reloading on? Or are they still down?
jcgter777 wrote:
I have now logged in! It looks soo much better. iPhoenix: I think that the UniChat icon should be better. Tell me what you want, and I'll make one.

I want it to be better; I trust your judgement. Razz

jcgter777 wrote:
_iPhoenix_: Are the bots reloading on? Or are they still down?

They are still down. I was focusing on the navbar and getting the basic stuff working.

mets11rap wrote:
Hey, think you could make emotes and markdown text a thing?

Also, make clicking on the active filters remove them.

Taking away filters will not refresh chat.

1a) Sure, if anyone wants to design some custom emoticons for me.
1b) Oh boy that's a good idea (markdown)
2) You can currently just click on the filter button itself.
3) It should.

I might actually remove filters and tags. It was a good concept, but they are used by less that 2% of all messages, were a replacement for chatrooms (which are now back), and take up unnecessary space in the DB.
I'll draw up some emotes if you'd like.

First ship out on the progress channel. Feel free to add them.
When hovering over an icon at the top, the text isn't centered with the image. I think it should be.
mets11rap wrote:
When hovering over an icon at the top, the text isn't centered with the image. I think it should be.

I already mentioned that to iPhoenix. He went afk right around when I asked.

Also, I made a GitHub issue about the transparent nav bar: https://github.com/Legend-of-iPhoenix/UniChatDemo/issues/66

EDIT:
Please don't double post within 24 hours, please. Mentioned by TLM below vv
Pro tip: The Edit button will edit your post, please don't post within a 24 hr period unless someone posted after you. Wink

Anyways, I'm going to attempt to make a mobile-friendly version of this, wish me luck as I know no JavaScript. Laughing
I made another GitHub issue for the non-centered button descriptions. Here's the GitHub issue. I think that mets11rap also mentioned this.

EDIT: I made another issue for a question about news found here

EDIT#2: issue on news CLOSED. It finally loaded.

EDIT#3: New issue on extension issues here.

EDIR#4: New issue on jumping messages here.

EDIT#5: New issue for rules here.
The "Submit!" button for logging in doesn't work on mobile.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours