ICE keeps freezing up on me, it doesn't give any errors, it just gets stuck at about 12% compiled.
Here's my code it's 60kb so maybe I'm running out of RAM?

Like I posted in the suggestions thread, it'd be nice if there was a loading icon so I know immediately if ICE is still working, or broke.

EDIT: It's definitely frozen, I turned off CEmu throttling and left it for a few minutes, the loading bar hadn't moved at all.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
ICE keeps freezing up on me, it doesn't give any errors, it just gets stuck.
Here's my code it's 60kb so maybe I'm running out of RAM?

Like I posted in the suggestions thread, it'd be nice if there was a loading icon so I know immediately if ICE is still working, or broke.

It might not be frozen. It might just be taking a long time to compile the sprites. Also, another suggestion could be a cancel key...
When I try to convert RLET sprites to normal sprites, ICE compiles it, but when I run my program it freezes when it encounters the command.

Code:

det(86,TPOPUPRLET,TPOPUPONE
New problem. I have version 2.0.4, and apparently ICE Compiler gives an error at Pause . I updated to use randInt(, but now Pause doesn't work. Has it been removed?
Can't replicate. How do you use it?
PT_ wrote:

I used I think beckadamtheinventor's enter loop code so that is unnecessary, but it sometimes works, but not always.

I don't exactly know when it didn't work.
jcgter777 wrote:
PT_ wrote:

I used I think beckadamtheinventor's enter loop code so that is unnecessary, but it sometimes works, but not always.

The only reason why Pause doesn't work is when IY is modified. However, IY is always restored before a routine needs IY, so I guess there's a routine in ICE which modifies the register IY but doesn't flag it as modified. I only need to know which one Razz
With the new GitHub repo version, I found these: randInt(1,20) resets my calc, I haven't tried different numbers yet...

Also: I compiled a beta of TempCheckCE, src in Arc, ICE said Lbl YES not found, when I unarchived, then recompiled, it was fine, so "missing" labels when src is archived vs. in RAM.
PT_ wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
PT_ wrote:

The only reason why Pause doesn't work is when IY is modified. However, IY is always restored before a routine needs IY, so I guess there's a routine in ICE which modifies the register IY but doesn't flag it as modified. I only need to know which one Razz

What's IY? (Forgive me if this is common sense, but all I can find on Google is a music band + some cat videos)
a 24 bit register on the CE -- ASM stuff Smile
SM84CE wrote:
With the new GitHub repo version, I found these: randInt(1,20) resets my calc, I haven't tried different numbers yet...

Also: I compiled a beta of TempCheckCE, src in Arc, ICE said Lbl YES not found, when I unarchived, then recompiled, it was fine, so "missing" labels when src is archived vs. in RAM.

The first one is fixed; ICE didn't properly recognize randInt( when prescanning. Can you send me the program where the second bug happens?
There is a problem with the input command
when i try using

Code:
input "N:", A

it works its just when user inputs Whatever they want to input it does not get stored into string or var
PT_ wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

The first one is fixed; ICE didn't properly recognize randInt( when prescanning. Can you send me the program where the second bug happens?

I retested that, and found that it happened when the prgm was Archived and ICE was run from Cesium. Also, it properly compiles now, I'll post/ send src the next time that happens...
Alvajoy123 wrote:
when i try using

Code:

it works its just when user inputs Whatever they want to input it does not get stored into string or var

Try making a custom input routine (or ill probably post one)
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
when i try using

Code:

Can you please post one ?!!! Good Idea

and also one more thing when your in a program src and you open the prgm menu the press [trace] the ice commands list view and go back everything glitch's out os prgm editor
Alvajoy123 wrote:
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
when i try using

Code:

Can you please post one ?!!! Good Idea

itll likely be in the both of the next versions of BOSshell libs, likely in the next week. or day Razz
Alvajoy123 wrote:

and also one more thing when your in a program src and you open the prgm menu the press [trace] the ice commands list view and go back everything glitch's out os prgm editor

Can you be more specific about the "glitch"? It's supposed to make the line you're on the first line when exiting.
When I use a For loop to 'initialize' a list with a number of zeroes, it causes an annoying display bug, where it doesn't display text. I REALLY need to be able to initialize a 768-byte-length 1-byte-list for one of my programs! (oddly specific? BOSshell specific Razz )

Code:

For(X,0,767
0→{DAT+X
End

EDIT: I forgot about "Alloc(", so nevermind, just me making stupid mistakes on the way to ICE programming! Laughing I was setting an un-allocated part of the calc's memory to zero. In short, I screwed up the memory and caused a reset.
I made this timer program a long time ago, but today, when experimenting with an old idea, to increase in percentage at the homescreen, it shows 000 a few spaces, then a block of black, then a 0. The text that's supposed to appear doesn't, but Pause still works. I go to the menu, where everything is blank. I can move up and down to select, but I can't see anything. The timer screen shows, but blank again. The READY screen shows, since the screen turns green, but no text. Then, the timer works as it's supposed to, and then the last menu does too. And then when I go back, it's all good, unless I go back to the homescreen, where the loading thing is. (I also used the same principle as the timer for the loading thing)

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that once I exit, my RAM clears. (Good thing I was using Cesium backup)

EDIT#2: Since PT complained about this post not helping anything, here's the SourceCoder Link .
P_T: ICE thing: If you Goto an error in an ICE src prgm, then press TRACE then CLEAR, the prog name has weird chars in it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours