A person by the name of Caleb_J has things uploaded onto Cemetech that dawned realization on us, that it's very easy for people to forget to Caps Lock or newcomers to know that titles need to be uppercase otherwise the titles are corrupted. It should either be a button on the side (with uppercase automatically on) rather than Shift or Caps Lock. "Why not just force capitals?" you may say, well, I just thought a person may still want those characters in their title.
I agree
Well, AppVars support lowercase letters.
String names have lowercase letters.

Why should we force uppercase, then? It is the users' responsibility.
Oh I forgot about AppVars
Yep, as _IPhoenix_ stated, you can create other things that aren't programs with sourcecoder.
Besides, I don't support making things dummy proof.
If you make a mistake, it's on you.
mr womp womp wrote:
Yep, as _IPhoenix_ stated, you can create other things that aren't programs with sourcecoder.

I agree. If you actually know what you're doing, SC3 doesn't need to force uppercase. And, as mentioned earlier, some types of files allow lowercase, so, forcing uppercase would NOT be a good solution.
jcgter777 wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

I agree. If you actually know what you're doing, SC3 doesn't need to force uppercase. And, as mentioned earlier, some types of files allow lowercase, so, forcing uppercase would NOT be a good solution.

SC3 could add a warning if your titles aren't capitalized, kind of like it does in ICE.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours