I'm curious as too what this phrase means, as it has been brought up in numerous Marches For Life. I'm not quite sure how these things can be put together; to me they seem mutually exclusive. Unless they are implying that pro-life is better than no life; which is universally believed. I guess that when I define these terms it is:

Pro-life) No abortions ever, except in cases of life/death
Pro-choice) Multiple factors can influence this decision, and the woman ultimately has a say

I've tried reading this article in an attempt to gain a better perspective, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Does anyone have any perspectives on this?
It is a term coined by pro-life that tries to convey the fact that they aren't pro-choice but still have the health and well-being of the woman in mind. Try this link: http://marchforlife.org/mfl-2018-old/theme/
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
It is a term coined by pro-life that tries to convey the fact that they aren't pro-choice but still have the health and well-being of the woman in mind. Try this link: http://marchforlife.org/mfl-2018-old/theme/

I already linked that in the above post; but yeah. It seems kind of like saying "Pro-life, pro-human", which is basically "Pro-life, pro-life", so it really is just saying the same thing twice, but worded to appeal to more people I guess.
Also as the article says, "it’s best for developing female babies in the womb". I think it's great to be as pro-life and pro-women as possible, but women making the choice to kill their own unborn child is just evil, not a choice anyone should make.
Men: telling women what they can do with their bodies since 5000BC!
Men: Not being the ones who bear children since 5000BC!
This is a topic on the question; not on abortion okay thanks Smile (But do critically think about what both sides do: Is one oppressing the choices of another?)
My philosophy is that, regardless of topic, we all have our own internal sense of right and wrong that is (I hope) based on our upbringing and experiences. We don't need a holy book or movements to be able to tell the difference, nor should our sense of right and wrong come exclusively from those things.

However I also believe that you personally cross the line into unethical when you try to impress your own personal opinions/perspectives/visions on someone else in a manner that goes beyond simple, respectful discussion. This includes "You're going to hell (or whatever you believe in) if.." or legislation, etc.

I may be wrong for for the most part, I see the pro-choice and pro-life as not mutually exclusive, but from the pro-life end of the spectrum I see a large % of them who believe if you're not totally in line with their views, you're pro murder, a sinner, etc and I don't think that's remotely how you have a constructive, open minded discussion about anything.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours