Hello,

After some time having my calc, I would like to try to learn ASM. I know several programming languages and have read some tutorials. But I would like to try and read the TI-OS, problem is I don't know how to start, I have downloaded IDA Pro, but don't know what settings to use. If someone could help me to steer in the right direction I would be very happy Very Happy.
Thank you for reading
What kind of calculator do you have?
If you're using the TI-84+CE, I recommend taking a look at http://ez80.github.io which has a nice tutorial how to setup and create your first program.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
What kind of calculator do you have?

I have the TI-84+ CE-T calculator

PT_ wrote:
If you're using the TI-84+CE, I recommend taking a look at http://ez80.github.io which has a nice tutorial how to setup and create your first program.

Thank you! I was wondering if there are any tutorials of patching the OS, since I couldn't find any on the web. I think it is a nice way to discover how my calculator works
FoxTheJasper wrote:
Thank you! I was wondering if there are any tutorials of patching the OS, since I couldn't find any on the web. I think it is a nice way to discover how my calculator works

You can download CEmu, which is an emulator of the TI-84+CE. With this program you can explore the OS and test things, but I wouldn't recommend patching the OS; then you need to have a lot more experience with assembly and the OS in general. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours