I think I found a bug, but it might also be related to an OS bug. I created the famous BASIC programs which crashed the calc as OS < 5.3, but weird things are happening with Cesium + OS 5.3.0.0037 + that program:

EDIT: confirmed that this is not an OS bug.
I don't see the weird thing?
The cursor doesn't flash after Cesium is exited.

EDIT: In other words, the calc froze.
So I found a bug, whenever I exit a basic program an cesium, the screen flashes, and then turns white and a bunch of random colored bars show up on the screen, then over about 5 seconds, the screen slowly turns white, the only way to get off it is to reset my calculator, I just reinstalled Cesium, and haven't tested it yet, but it was the newest version. I tried copying my calculator's memory to CEmu to get a video, but it did not work.
jcgter777 wrote:
I ran snake deluxe from the homescreen,and when exiting, my calc defragged. I went to Cesium, and I had about 20 extra programs. (I had about 100 hidden.) There were several weird things. First, a new prgm A appeared, and had about 6000 times more size than the original. (When run, calc crashed and actual RAM clear occurred) A prgm adventur was created, and even though the original was 8k adventures in basic, the new one was ez80 asm and it was rubex. (I still had RubEX down there)

To be more clear about prgmA's crash, there was a lineless Error: Overflow, and then when I pressed clear, the cursor started flashing. I couldn't get out, but I "fixed" that by turning it off. But when I turned it on, the screen that you get after a RAM clear, and a off and on appeared, and then it crashed again.

You can defrag with a bunch of asm and basic programs mixed up everywhere. (hidden and not hidden) I don't know how it happens. It just did.
How am I supposed to debug any of those. Create a minimum reproducible error, and then I can fix it. Hidden programs will cause errors if a garbage collect or a defrag happens. I've said to you guys so many times to not use them unless you understand these implications.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
How am I supposed to debug any of those. Create a minimum reproducible error, and then I can fix it. Hidden programs will cause errors if a garbage collect or a defrag happens. I've said to you guys so many times to not use them unless you understand these implications.

None of my programs were hidden. There was not a garbage collect, or a defrag. And I tried to get an image of gif.
Let's kick Kerm's butt back into DoorsCE, shall we? I made this mock up for folders. Excuse me for the bad arrows Razz

https://i.imgur.com/Q5T61sC.png

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to remove the locks next to the folders. Whoops! Oh well, you get the point.
I would like that too, @mets11rap
MateoConLechuga wrote:

SM84CE wrote:
And now that Cesium has folder (read: box, because the icon looks like a box) support, does that mean that we can make our own "boxes"?

No; folder support will never be added.
Aw man
There could maybe a star feature that allows you to pin certain programs to the top.

EDIT: maybe as good as folders? The stars would probably add a character to the name that's hidden, and make it go to the top of the list.
mets11rap wrote:
Let's kick Kerm's butt back into DoorsCE, shall we?

It's not that Kerm doesn't want to work on Doors, it's that he can't. If you would look at the DCE thread he posted that the startup company Geopipe is taking up all of his time! And it's kind of hard to work on something when you have no free time.

Although I too would like to see folders implemented into Cesium, Mateo has made it clear that he is not going to work on that. If we want some of these features, maybe we (myself included) should learn how to make the features ourselves. Wink
Not only can he not work on DoorsCE, he now has excuses to not work on it since people keep asking for it Sad

Every time it's asked for, it get delayed. So, now, even if Kerm has some free time, it's probably not going into DoorsCE. For all we know, he might have already finished.

(Back on Cesium) We should really stop asking for features and try to make them ourselves. Razz (Post questions, of course)
Cesium shows a folder icon when you click the menu item "show flash apps".
That's just the applications folder. It was already there for quite a time. People were asking for more folders, and Mateo said that those wouldn't be implemented.
I found a bug that when Phasm is online and I run Cesium, after I exit, when I enter any calculations into the calculator, instead of displaying the answer, it just says done. To fix it, I have to run Phasm again to turn it off. Sad
Legoman314 wrote:
I found a bug that when Phasm is online and I run Cesium, after I exit, when I enter any calculations into the calculator, instead of displaying the answer, it just says done. To fix it, I have to run Phasm again to turn it off. Sad

Tell the person who made Phasm, not me.
O.K. Will do.
Legoman314 wrote:

Literally the only thing I found out wrong with Phasm was that it was always turning offline. Never online. It could be Cesium, it could be ICE. I don't know. You just need to update to OS 5.3, and you won't need Phasm anymore. Run archived, asm, or any other programs without doing anything special like unarchiving the program or using the Asm( command. Phasm always made equations=Done. It's just because it's doing that like it's running a program.

1+1 (could be recognized as command, and run. returns Done)
Done
prgmA (recognized as command, and run. If asm, also run)
Done

Feature request for Cesium (not Phasm):
Is it possible to make a folder containing appvars so we can unarchive/archive them really easily? Or, if you don't want to make a new folder, make an invisible character at the start of the name and make it be at the bottom of the list?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours