Guys i don't know what I did wrong. I think i just formatted it incorrectly. Basically, I'm trying to make a program that can solve quadratic equations, but one that doesn't need to worry about imaginary numbers. So, It just simplifies the discriminant.

Code:
Prompt A,B,C
Output(9,1,-B
Output(9,3,"(+-)"
Output(9,7,"√("
Output(9,10,(B²)-4AC
Output(9,14,"/
Output(9,15,2A
End
Return
The problem is the End statement.

That is used exclusively for If-Then-End blocks, as well as For loops, While loops, etc.

You also don't need the Return statement, though that would not cause an error.

Your code would look like this:

Code:
Prompt A,B,C
Output(9,1,-B
Output(9,3,"(+-)
Output(9,7,"√(
Output(9,10,(B²)-4AC
Output(9,14,"/
Output(9,15,2A
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
The problem is the End statement.

That is used exclusively for If-Then-End blocks, as well as For loops, While loops, etc.

You also don't need the Return statement, though that would not cause an error.

Your code would look like this:

Code:
Prompt A,B,C
Output(9,1,-B
Output(9,3,"(+-)
Output(9,7,"√(
Output(9,10,(B²)-4AC
Output(9,14,"/
Output(9,15,2A

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I applied your fix, but it stills said ERROR: SYNTAX. Then, I realized that the negative sign was weirdly too big and it turned out it was a subtraction sign. I used TIConnect CE and made sure that i didn't mess up negatives and subtraction signs. Do you know if while transfering the files the calculator confuses the two?
No, the - button on the keyboard is only recognized as the minus symbol, you need to click the 'Keypad' button on TI-Connect CE to find the negative symbol.
Or use the "~" for the negation/ negative and "-" as minus on SC ( https://www.cemetech.net/sc/ )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours