Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
mr womp womp wrote:
I made a script that would go through the DoorsCS bot replies and turn them into if-then:respond statements. I don't know if the creators would be ok with you adding this into Unichat, but I made it sooo here it is Razz

Code:
    DecBot Stuff...



Can I make ~xd? (reply: "DoorsCS told me to tell you that xd is not a face. Stop it")
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
UniChat was down today for a while (possible yesterday too) because of a mistake in coding a edit to the notifications script. I apologize for the sudden halt of services.


Not your fault, it was a simple syntax error made by me yesterday at 6:00 in the morning in a huge rush to get to school by 7 Razz

SM84CE said stuff but I'm too lazy to copy it over so I wrote:
...


I personally do not have an objection to that. Don't ask me, though Smile

Edit:
UniChat is pretty much in a state of half-finished goodness.

There are numerous bugs:
- Double welcoming (you don't feel twice as welcomed, trust me)
- Messages seem to always make the input bar "red" whether it's an invalid message or not!
- Messages don't load on iOS!

Enjoy!
We now have a chrome extension!

You can download the source from here (That's from my fork of the repository, which is currently the most functional version, AFAIK.)

Here's how you can install it:

Download from the link above!
Go to chrome://extensions and check the checkbox in the top left labeled "developer mode".
Click the "Load unpacked extension..." button and navigate to the downloaded folder.
You are now done!

To chat with other UniChatters, you can click the UniChat icon in the extensions bar!

Note: Be sure not to delete the folder downloaded, unless you want to break the extension.

Huge thanks to LAX18 for creating the extension!
Everytime I click on it, a chat window pops up, but it instantly disappears.
working on it
Ok. Is this a bug, or is it incomplete?
Bug

It works for me and john35588
It happens because the alert brings the window out of focus.

My repo works fine, for me at least.

And LAX.

You really need to check for updates before you make a commit. It is a lot of work for me to go in and edit everything to implement your changes.

Razz

I'll do it this time, but later, when it says you are x commits behind master, click the pull request, wait a few seconds, and then click the merge button.
fine if you say so ............. Razz
I fixed it by spamming enter while the window opened. Razz

EDIT: How do I change my name?

EDIT#2: apparently that window asked me for my name?
jcgter777 wrote:
I fixed it by spamming enter while the window opened. Razz

EDIT: How do I change my name?

EDIT#2: apparently that window asked me for my name?


#1: You have to delete your cookies then the window will ask for a username
SM84CE wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:
I made a script that would go through the DoorsCS bot replies and turn them into if-then:respond statements. I don't know if the creators would be ok with you adding this into Unichat, but I made it sooo here it is Razz

Code:
    DecBot Stuff...



Can I make ~xd? (reply: "DoorsCS told me to tell you that xd is not a face. Stop it")

I believe it's in the list, although the message might have changed over the years, because I had "not an actual face. Stop it." as the reply. You are free to do whatever you want though Razz
There were a number of people panicking because they entered their username incorrectly.

Here's my five year step plan for fixing this:
1) Stop panicking.
2) Delete your cookies for https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/.
3) Reload the page.
4) Enter in the correct version of your username.
5) Be happy that your life has been fixed and sing praise to your eternal dictator developer _iPhoenix_.

Razz

EDIT:

Here are all of the messages in the database (as of this edit), anonymized and scrambled.

PM's are not included.
After pressing enter to submit a message, Chrome froze for 20 seconds. Is this just me?

EDIT: Who is EvilBanana?

EDIT#2: Is it possible for me to make a unichat bot that connects to irc?
jcgter777 wrote:
After pressing enter to submit a message, Chrome froze for 20 seconds. Is this just me?

EDIT: Who is EvilBanana?

EDIT#2: Is it possible for me to make a unichat bot that connects to irc?


Yep. I'll try to figure out why.

EvilBanana is me, chatting from LAX18's WIP Chrome Extension build. I was too lazy to change my username each time because I had to reload frequently to see his changes.

Yes, in theory. We want to try and write a script doing it by ourselves because nothing else really fits our needs (not even SAX, we looked)

UniChat still doesn't work on iOS. I am looking into the cause of the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

(It ticks me off, because I usually use UniChat on my phone x.x)

Fixed ^^ Smile
I added a sweet active users bar, and you can see exactly who is online and has posted a message in the last 15 minutes, in real time! (depending on connection)

Check it out!
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I added a sweet active users bar, and you can see exactly who is online and has posted a message in the last 15 minutes, in real time! (depending on connection)

Check it out!


Ill be working to implement this in the extension soon!
THE UNICHAT EXTENSION HAS UPDATED!!!!
The new version, v.1.6, includes the recent addition by _iPhoenix_ (the active users list)

You Will NEED to update your extension to the latest version to ensure that the embedded webpage displays properly
The embedded webpage may display on the current version, but the new one is optimized for the addition of the active users sidebar.

To download the latest update.... please use the link below:
https://github.com/Legend-of-iPhoenix/Unichat-Chrome-Extension/archive/master.zip
For those of you who use firefox....

You Can Now Use The Chrome Extension In Firefox!!!

Just use the following download link:
https://github.com/LAX18/Unichat-Firefox-Extension/raw/master/Unichat-Chrome-Extension-master.crx
And go to about:debugging and install it there!

**Note: This is a TEMP FIX**
By TEMP i mean that is will delete itself on firefox restart
I cleaned out the database (karma and everything is still there, don't worry) because it was getting insanely crazy and the content delivery times, according to my testing (on my relatively fast internet), were exceeding a good 1/10th of a second. (which usually isn't noticeable, by the way, unless you are looking for it, like me, or are a championship-winning video game player, which you probably aren't.)

The things I do. Oh boy.

Anyways, bugfixing is happening, and the glitch where online users wouldn't go away should be fixed. I hope.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 10
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement