My new project is a cat and mouse game for the Ti-84 plus CE. It draws a very simple background using "0"s and you control a "*". The goal is to survive for as long as possible as "+"s follow you around, and the longer you survive, the more spawn in. When you die by either touching an enemy or touching a wall.

Features: (If you can call them that)
The ability to move the player with the arrows.
A very simple A.I. that will follow your movements
An in-game tracking how long you live.

All I have left to do is make the A.I. not shoot off the screen for some unknown reason.
I think a background made up of 0's could be pretty confusing, maybe consider using just a blank " " background? It would definitely make the code smaller.
CHill wrote:
I think a background made up of 0's could be pretty confusing, maybe consider using just a blank " " background? It would definitely make the code smaller.

It is less of a background and more of a border. Sorry for the confusion.
21tmccauley wrote:

All I have left to do is make the A.I. not shoot off the screen for some unknown reason.

Code, maybe? Or just the segment of code that controls the enemies' AI.
Where should I put the code? It is kind of long and confusing because I don't really know how to optimise it.
21tmccauley wrote:
Where should I put the code? It is kind of long and confusing because I don't really know how to optimise it.

SourceCoder3, and then you can save it, and share it.
Sounds cool and could be a good time consumer.

EDIT - oops sorry jcgter777 had already mentioned SC3, but i second the notion Smile.

https://www.cemetech.net/sc/

Here you can develop, test, debug etc your programs from your browser. This is also handy as it takes away the risk of a calculator crash erasing all of your work.
I See TI-84 +CE... Use Cesium with RAM Backup... This is a BASIC program TLM! So, don't use backup with BASIC programs that have no ASM...
Nice, sounds like a pretty cool exercise!
allynfolksjr wrote:

***jcgter777 takes his calculator along with him to the gym

Is this supposed to be similar to Zombies, but easier?
Here is the code from sourcecoder 3
This link is bad *http://sc.cemetech.net/?hash=F8IeoVRvHixSLNIjImZyLt0vGynQ* This link is bad

Go here is you can help-> http://sc.cemetech.net/?hash=W1iXdxLCGxJr6ZDlZYwjHJiiMw66

jcgter777 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

***jcgter777 takes his calculator along with him to the gym

This is similar to the zombie program, but writing with the skill of a small blind child.
21tmccauley wrote:

This is similar to the zombie program, but writing with the skill of a small blind child.[/quote]

Don't say that. Everyone has to start somewhere. No one can jump to being a master at anything. I have to say, this is coming out pretty nice!Very Happy

Also, "determins" to "determines" Wink
jcgter777 wrote:
21tmccauley wrote:

This is similar to the zombie program, but writing with the skill of a small blind child.

Don't say that. Everyone has to start somewhere. No one can jump to being a master at anything. I have to say, this is coming out pretty nice!Very Happy

Also, "determins" to "determines" ;D[/quote]
Yah, there are lots of spelling errors that I haven't fixed yet. The big problem that I have is I can write it and kind of understand it at the time, but when something goes wrong, I'm at a complete loss to fix. Right now, the big problem is once the border is drawn and the characters are drawn, the game freezes for a few seconds until the "*" disappears and an error domain appears. I just need to wait until tomorrow until I go back in.
I want to have the game keep track of how long you are alive for. I tried (Which now is clearly wrong) to have it add one to X, wait one, and then repeat, but that just forces the program to only allow input every one second.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours