TL;DR: How to I store the value of a variable in a string WITHOUT going through the Func>String( operation? Pre-5.2 OS, no doors.

First, let me apologize. I'm sure nobody remembers me from 2011, but I was here being an idiot as "rcplanegy", and for that I'm sorry.

I recently discovered wabbit emu, which didn't exist (that I was aware of) 7 years ago, and have since dived into re-learning TI-basic for the ---- of it.

One of my crowning achievements, as a nerdy 16 year old, was the creation of a program that essentially recorded pictures that you drew on the graph screen. Using Pxl-test( it would scan the graph screen dot by dot and record all black pixels in a bloated string that would then be recalled into a program to draw the image out when run. Yay me.

I'm trying to recreate the program, but having a hell of a time figuring out how I did it. I've searched here and on TIcalc, and the only answer I'm finding is *variable > list > function >string* which I understand, but it clears the drawn image every time the process records since it graphs the function. FnOff doesn't do it, obviously the function is displayed for a split second before being turned off again which still clears the drawn image.

Sorry for noob questions, but I have searched hard and found nothing. I know it can be done, because I've done it before... Confused

I seem to remember something along the lines of

Code:

:X->L1
:{L1}->Str1
:Str1+Str2->Str2
Here you go: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/number-to-string2

Enjoy, and welcome back Smile
I swear it wasn't that convoluted... My 16 year old brain figured it out... But I'll give that a try, thanks.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Here you go: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/number-to-string2

Enjoy, and welcome back Smile

That works, except for 0... I get a domain error... Am I just stuck without the very top line of pixels (Y coordinates of 0) and presumably the very left line of pixels?
It's just because log(0) is undefined. You can simply change it to check for that case.
Figured. I used

If Y=0, "0"->Str2

And skipped over the log section
You could always do this

Code:

sub("0123456789",Y1,1)→Str2

Won't work for multi-digit values though.
Hey Aves/rcplanegy. Looks like your account is now a Guest account. Don't worry as Aves still exists in the admin control panel and thus, in the database. Hopefully we'll get this cleared up soon. Good Idea

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours