I couldn't find any other topic like this so I decided to make my own!

Anyways, we all know (or should know) that LEGO's are amazing and rewarding, so be proud of what you have built (whether it's from a set or not!) and post it here!

Here's some of mine
Portal collection

(old) three pictures of my 3 tier display shelf

Here's a video featuring my LEGO city that I stuffed full of LED lights and connected to one power grid!

The old, incomplete video about me lighting up my buildings with LED Lights on a power grid!
https://ibb.co/cBoaOv
https://ibb.co/cA1JbF
https://ibb.co/ctVYAa

I have some more interesting ones, I'll post later.
Popular topic I see Razz
Anyways, so far, every Christmas or so I've been getting one giant LEGO Technic set for me to build, this is year 3 and here is my collection so far.
[Edit]
Note: This is in American dollars; time is only measuring active build time, not breaks or sleep.
2014: Racer (Formula One): $???: ~5 hours to build
2016: Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245: $230: ~9 hours to build
2017: Porsche 911 GT3 RS: $300: ~11 hours to build
[/Edit]

And with the lights installed:

I also added some lights on the Mercedes truck, but it's hard to see them with the overwhelming Porsche lights on.

Got a full album here:
https://imgur.com/a/K6fs1
Very nice! I stopped getting Lego sets for Christmas like 2 or 3 years ago, but some of those bigger lego sets look pretty cool! How much did the sports car in the middle cost, by the way?

Edit: Also, why is the outlet on the wall upside down? 🙃
Is the middle one a porche 911 gtr?
21tmccauley wrote:

Yep! It's a great kit and I highly recommend getting it.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
21tmccauley wrote:

Yep! It's a great kit and I highly recommend getting it.

Correct on both points!

Michael2_3B wrote:
Edit: Also, why is the outlet on the wall upside down?

¡ʇnoqɐ ƃuᴉʞlɐʇ ǝɹ,noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop I ¿ʇɐɥM Razz

EDIT: I got some good pictures in place of the old, grainy one.
With the lights, it is the most impressive lego creation I have seen as of late. 10/10
Here are two of the LEGO sets I own. I haven’t actually touched my lego sets in years, and I’ve sold some of my less interesting ones. These two are the only ones that are still put together at the moment.

I made a fully working replica pump action shotgun out of legos, it reloaded, pumped, and even shot exactly like the real thing (didn't shoot very far though), I made it quite a while ago but took it apart so, sadly I don't have any pictures Sad
Those look pretty cool Michael! Especially that plane, what set is it?

100003493 wrote:
I made a fully working replica pump action shotgun out of legos, it reloaded, pumped, and even shot exactly like the real thing (didn't shoot very far though), I made it quite a while ago but took it apart so, sadly I don't have any pictures Sad
Wow that's really cool! I hope you will try to make it again. Smile

Anyways, I took a break from programming, broke my LEGO train's car transport, and decided to build one of those things I think store grain (in this case studs) and stuff in. For the first time, I was able to keep the thing (nearly) all the same color! The part that dispenses the studs was a pain to make! It took 5 revisions before it even remotely worked. It still doesn't work extraordinarily well, but my fingers hurt and my fingernails are all gone so that's enough of that for now. Razz
Some facts:
  • The heaviest (dry weight) car I have for my train.
  • I estimate it can hold almost 400 studs! (I've filled it up halfway with 120 studs)
  • It's much shorter than all my other train cars, so I paired it it up with my short train I made. Razz
  • I took apart 3 minifigures so I could have a Kerm-looking minifigure.

(Click for full resolution)

OMG I AM SO JEALOUS OF EVERYONE HERE

I dont have many big kits except for the Saturn V (took 2 hours to build) and i mostly use my kits for parts after i build them once, so i mostly hav things i've made up in my head, and i dont think you guys wanna see those
TheLastMillennial, there's nothing that I don't like in that train build, from the awesome locomotive you designed to those cars (especially the hopper car) to the little Kerm engineer figure. I was at train training today, so that's especially apropos. Very Happy Although I really like the dispenser mechanism you made for the hopper car, my next challenge to you is going to be one that can be opened and closed without removing it and without substantially decreasing the capacity of the car, which I suspect is a big challenge indeed.

I might as well share an ongoing (very occasional) project of mine when I have random moments to myself. It's a LEGO version of CPRR1, gradually evolving as I investigate SNOT techniques and with pointers from elfprince13.
Great challenge Kerm! I succeeded on every point! Very Happy
At first I tried covering up the 2 holes within the dispenser, but due to space restrictions, I ditched that idea. I finally realized that the supports on the outside of the car could be really useful in holding something which led to the following design.
(again, click for full image)

I suppose I should also show off my GLaDOS I made a few years ago. It's probably the most complex thing I've ever build only from memory. She can move along a management rail, rotate an unlimited number of turns due to all the wires being connected to her chassis, and I even made her eye light up!
I'm a bit late on this, but I wanted to congratulate you on meeting my challenge with that hopper car. Also, your GLaDOS is superb, especially the fact that she can move around on her rails.
I took a break from programming/ video editing and got bored so I decided to make a garbage truck, or is it a recycling truck? I really don't know, it's green, but meh; choose your pick.
Here are some photos, you can view the complete album here.

I also made a short stop motion to show off some of its features. No, it's not smooth nor professional, that wasn't the point; like I said, I didn't want to do video editing so I just snapped some pictures, threw it into movie maker, selected .35 seconds per frame, and clicked compile. (ok I did do a little more than that, but you get the point : P)

As for previous posts:
Kerm wrote:
I wanted to congratulate you on meeting my challenge with that hopper car. Also, your GLaDOS is superb, especially the fact that she can move around on her rails.

Thanks Kerm! I look forward to seeing the CPRR1 completed, it looks like you have a solid design!
It's been 3 years since I've really messed with my power grid and lights for my Lego buildings, but for some reason last night I though I thought "what the heck". So I repaired some bad connections, accidentally broke my traffic lights, and added into two more buildings to the grid!

My room is quite a mess now. Razz

My goal is to install lights maybe two more houses. I'm glad I worked on the existing connections, I improved the reliability of it by 20% so it's finally 60% reliable! Laughing
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Those look pretty cool Michael! Especially that plane, what set is it?

That would be the Sonic Boom (5892) Creator set. It can be also be turned into a motorboat or twin propeller plane.

Also, that town of sorts you just posted is really cool! I really like your power grid idea.
Yesterday evening I decided it was time to let my 3.5 year old son see the Lego set he would be inheriting. I had forgotten just how great a Technic collection I had as a kid, and had taken for granted.
Hey Vernys, welcome to Cemetech! Perhaps you could introduce yourself?

I couldn't view most of those image, something about the host site being configured incorrectly, but what I did see looks pretty cool! I wish I had more of those older motors and red Technic bricks. I love the look of the old Technic sets, I kinda wish LEGO would expose more of the gear system in their new sets. I think your son will really enjoy them, my dad gave me his LEGOs when I was 4 or so and I still mess around with them over a decade later.

A side note, I've finished adding all the buildings to my power grid! I'm looking to create a video on it, but that'll take a while since I have more pressing things to accomplish.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours