Train-related photos can be posted in this thread. These include photos of trains, taken from trains, or related to model railroading. Videos are also welcomed.

The Southwest Chief rounds a bend in New Mexico.

Shipwreck in Mukilteo, WA, viewed from the Coast Starlight.
Ugh. The stretch from Edmonds to Everett is so amazing.
I filmed this a few months ago while going through the Cascades, in Washington State, on the Amtrak Empire Builder. This was part of a cross-country train trip that I took with the USA Rail Pass. This video captures one of the most scenic parts of the trip (on the aptly named Scenic Subdivision), and also includes the longest railroad tunnel in the US.

Man, that's incredible. The views and scenery were gorgeous but the most surprising thing of this video is just how long the end of the tunnel is visible for. I really got to do a cross-country trip one day. I've got a map on my wall of the major Amtrak passages and a spreadsheet of possible routes and the cost for a round trip. I just gotta do it.
Alex wrote:
Man, that's incredible. The views and scenery were gorgeous but the most surprising thing of this video is just how long the end of the tunnel is visible for. I really got to do a cross-country trip one day. I've got a map on my wall of the major Amtrak passages and a spreadsheet of possible routes and the cost for a round trip. I just gotta do it.

We were actually in the tunnel long enough for me to go back to my seat, upload the footage to my laptop, walk back to the end of the train, and resume recording. I had a great time on this trip, and it highly recommended. The California Zephyr is purportedly one of the most beautiful routes, but I have yet to do that one.
STEAM TRAINS!

This is awesome; thank you for sharing! In addition, I recommend everyone go take a look at the other videos on Jonbush's YouTube channel. I particularly enjoyed the ones looking out the back of the Amtrak Empire Builder, not the least because of the Amtrak announcements in the background.
Photo's me and my wife took of the CP holiday train as it went through Wauwatosa, WI. Click the image for a full album.
Nothing super special, but here's a Norfolk Southern freight train coming into Derry, PA.
(Apologies for the vertical video)

https://youtu.be/eV2AOorFp0k
Some photos of Macro Man Alex and a Train:

The train was parked there for a good 10-15 minutes before an oncoming passenger train came by so I got out of my car and walked around.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours