One other possible suggestion: be able to customize the TIOS itself through asm hexcodes and such. Like background, APD, lowercase toggle, (font?), etc.

I heard that asm programs "can do anything", but i suppose that it's take a while to find them?

Also, asm hexcodes still can't be run from cesium. It's not that important, but sometimes they are useful.

EDIT:
Mateo: can you seriously consider doing a manual restore backup? then I wouldn't have to waste time before running prgms. (Because my calc loves to reset itself)
So, I don't know if this was Cesium related, but when I ran this program: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1566
it cleared my ram, (and my program I have been working on for a while Sad ), when I ran it again, without Cesium, the buttons didn't work and I had to reset my calculator.

EDIT: This program has worked for me many times before, it just stopped working when I got the new Cesium.
john35588 wrote:
So, I don't know if this was Cesium related, but when I ran this program: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1566
it cleared my ram, (and my program I have been working on for a while Sad ), when I ran it again, without Cesium, the buttons didn't work and I had to reset my calculator.

I run that program all the time, and nothing happens!
The [on]+[stat] bug seems to happen when the "backup ram" feature is enabled.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
The [on]+[stat] bug seems to happen when the "backup ram" feature is enabled.

Then that explains why it doesn't work for me.

Mateo: Since you said that 2nd and enter both run different ways, does turning off backup affect both?

I think it's yes, but I just need to check.
jcgter777 wrote:
(Because my calc loves to reset itself)

Yes, mine too no idea why, I garbage collect often, I clear unneeded programs, and mainly keep everything archived, but it still happens.
john35588 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
(Because my calc loves to reset itself)

Yes, mine too no idea why, I garbage collect often, I clear unneeded programs, and mainly keep everything archived, but it still happens.

We probably just run programs that crash often.
Lots of reported bugs have been repaired as of Cesium v2.4.1. I also added a new external backup RAM feature. Feel free to give it a try and let me know what you think. Use it wisely though; understand that this may cause undue wear on your flash chip. Enjoy everyone! Smile

By the way, running with [2nd] inside of Cesium does a RAM backup. Running with [enter] does not, so you won't wear out as much for stable programs.
How serious is the wear on the flash chip?

(Basically, how many times do I have to do the RAM backup to make my flash chip essentially unusable/unreliable, and can it be cheaply replaced? I’m going to take a stab and say no for the last half.)
I don't know how useful/difficult/annoying/helpful this feature is (maybe) a shortcut like an on+key hook that opens up a catalog search, and you start typing your program name, and results with the specified are highlighted.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
How serious is the wear on the flash chip?

(Basically, how many times do I have to do the RAM backup to make my flash chip essentially unusable/unreliable, and can it be cheaply replaced? I’m going to take a stab and say no for the last half.)

Impossible to really replace the flash chip. The datasheet specifies 100,000 reprogramming cycles; so I doubt you will ever be able to encounter it anyway. Just gotta put in the warning "just in case" though Razz
MateoC: Is my suggestion dumb?
jcgter777 wrote:

No; I just don't see the benefit in spending a few hours doing it for now Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

No; I just don't see the benefit in spending a few hours doing it for now Razz

Hope you find time soon!
I think I've actually found a bug in the password-locking system: It seems that you can't use a password bigger than 2 characters, because otherwise, although the in-program password entering works, when I press [on] + [stats] and I enter the password (the good one :p , I'm pretty sure), it doesn't open. It seems that it works only with 2 characters...
Sorry for my bad english, as I'm french
jcgter777 wrote:
EDIT:
Mateo: can you seriously consider doing a manual restore backup? then I wouldn't have to waste time before running prgms. (Because my calc loves to reset itself)

You could always try just grouping the programs? Or archiving them? The CE, as of the newest update, can now run archived programs.
CodertheBarbarian wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
EDIT:

You could always try just grouping the programs? Or archiving them? The CE, as of the newest update, can now run archived programs.

When my calc resets, sometimes I lose appvars/ programs I'm editing. If my calc crashes/freezes, I'd lose the same things when I reset it.

MateoC:
A bug report:
I ran 3 asm programs that gave the same problem. Calcuzap, CMonster, and Boxman. When I pressed clear to exit, it also exited Cesium. Calcuzap and CMonster ended with the leaderboard, and you'd have to press a key to exit after, and when I pressed 2nd or enter, it went to Cesium and reran the program. It doesn't happen with others though.

Also, I ran this text to morse program, and it worked fine on the homescreen, but in Cesium, when I played the morse, it got stuck on the darkening the first time.

Everything else is fine, apart from running asm hexcodes.

Finally, how does the external back-up work? I don't think it's on the readme.
jcgter777 wrote:
I ran 3 asm programs that gave the same problem. Calcuzap, CMonster, and Boxman. When I pressed clear to exit, it also exited Cesium. Calcuzap and CMonster ended with the leaderboard, and you'd have to press a key to exit after, and when I pressed 2nd or enter, it went to Cesium and reran the program. It doesn't happen with others though.

I have also ran into this problem.
Flip wrote:
I think I've actually found a bug in the password-locking system: It seems that you can't use a password bigger than 2 characters, because otherwise, although the in-program password entering works, when I press [on] + [stats] and I enter the password (the good one :p , I'm pretty sure), it doesn't open. It seems that it works only with 2 characters...
Sorry for my bad english, as I'm french

I cannot seem to replicate this issue... Have you tried this on a clean calculator to confirm? Perhaps a capture would be nice too Smile

john35588 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

Fixed and updated Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:

john35588 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

Fixed and updated Smile

YAY!! I hope there won't be any more bugs. Are you considering any other requests at the moment?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 13 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours