So after learning that the TI-84 Plus CE can utilize any HID keyboard, my whole goal is to get a non-TI Keyboard working with my CE. However I recently learned that I need a USB Type A to USB Mini Type A adapter for this to work. Easy right? Just make a search on Google or find one on Amazon! Nope, I don't know why, but every site I could find only offered USB type A to USB Mini Type B.

I was thinking, would a F USB-A to F Mini-B connected to a M Mini-B to M Mini-A setup work?
(F= Female, M=Male)

I've asked for these things for Christmas and I'd like to know if it'll work before they get ordered.
TLM 500th post!
You might have better luck finding an OTG cable, rather than a type A. An OTG, although not described in the USB standard, is essentially a USB-B form-factor, wired like a USB-A, and these are actually much more common than regular type As. Here is a link to some really cheap adapter that should work.
Here is a video by critor explaining this in detail, it's in french, so if you don't speak french, you can turn on subtitles Razz
He recommends using a mini usb A male to usb A male, then a typa A gender changer, but the OTG one I liked to above should act as both of those.
For reference, here is what the keyboard keys map to. Once again, this is from ti-planet, and is therefore in french, but it's not very different, so you should be ok.

mr womp womp wrote:
Here is a video by critor explaining this in detail

There's also this one which makes it easier, indeed just 1 mini-USB OTG male - USB A female adapter.
Thank you! I don't understand French, but the captions gave me a good enough understanding of the video.
Just to make sure though, something like this would work?
Or even better, would all of these work?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours