High Seas (Kydapoot)
 0%  [ 0 ]
World of Yum! (_iPhoenix_)
 5%  [ 1 ]
Escape The Buoy! (OldNewTimer)
 22%  [ 4 ]
Too Many Boats! (TheLastMillennial)
 5%  [ 1 ]
Calculator Controlled Boat using ArTICL (deuteriumoxide)
 22%  [ 4 ]
20,000 Loons Under the Sea (Iambian)
 33%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

It is now time to vote on the entries for the second part of CC20: Transit Time. These entries are related to water transport. Click on the program name to visit the archives page.

The contenders are:

Marianas by dankcalculatorbro (thread)
Make your way across the bottom of the ocean while encountering random obstacles. Programmed for CC20 by dankcalculatorbro.

High Seas by Kydapoot (thread)
Arr, ye scurvy dogs! Welcome to me second submission to yer favorite contest, Transit Time! This be a game where ya search for treasure an trade yer way to riches on the high seas.

World of Yum! by _iPhoenix_ (thread)
You are a fish living in an ocean current, and lots of food and poisonous pollutants float your way! Have fun trying to eat all of the fish food (periods) and avoid the poison (weird plot mark thingies)! Features: -Includes a pause menu with an in-game tutorial! (explained in README.txt) -Fish customization options! (You could play this game 64 times without repeating fish!) -Highscores table!

Escape The Buoy! by OldNewTimer (thread)
In this game, you have to escape a buoy with the resources at your disposal. Although it is somewhat short, it does test your critical thinking skills in a precarious situation. This is my first ever "escape game", so the code I came up with is what I thought would work best (Don't Judge Razz). There probably is a better way of doing it, but you gotta learn, right? This project was made for Cemetech Contest 20: Transit Time in the water category. Escape, and Enjoy! -OldNewTimer

Too Many Boats! by TheLastMillennial (thread)
Too Many Boats is a fast-paced game of decisions written in pure BASIC for CC:20 water. You are the commander of a Dock, you have: 3 docks, a revenue requirement, reputation, and a time limit. Within the time limit, you must decide to either take in or reject barges carrying a variety of goods and rewards, let them finish unloading at your dock, and gain the required amount of money! Make sure to pay attention to your reputation though, with reputation you can buy perks to advance far into the later levels!

Calculator Controlled Boat using ArTICL by deuteriumoxide (thread)
For CC20 the ArTICL library was used to make a calculator controlled boat.

20,000 Loons Under the Sea by Iambian (thread)
Navigate a sub through treacherous waters as a loony loon, delivering packages all across the seven seas!
oh, I just remembered, my entry will only work with CE OS 5.2! I probably should have put that in the description. Sad

Everyone's entries look really cool, I cant wait to try them all out!

EDIT:
My thoughts:
Marianas:
I really enjoyed this. Although the sprites were pretty simple, I think it was compensated with the variety of events that could happen. I liked the battle system, the oxygen mini-game (although that seemed a little too fast for me), and the cave idea. Good job!

High seas:
I'm currently wrestling with an emulator right now, I'll update this when I get it fixed.

World of Yum:
I like the concept however, due to a lack of optimizations, it was fairly slow. I can post a few of them on the dev thread. I also like the scoring system and having 3 lives definitely helped!

Escape the Buoy:
Wow, this was really cool to play, even if I never figured it out! A few suggestion would be to have the log advance with the press of a button and not pre-defined times. I've already learned from this mistake. Wink Also, to speed things up I would have the 'inventory', 'use item', and 'quit' be used with the [zoom], [trace], and [graph] keys since the cursor is kind of slow to constantly move it over there. also, a save feature would be much appreciated. Other than that, it was really interesting!

Too many Boats:
I think I had a good shot, but (probably due to a lack of optimizations) it was slower than I'd like. The perks price seemed pretty high, but I'll leave that to you guys to decide.

Calculator Controlled Boat using ArTICL:
All I can say is, "Wow". I never expected anything like this. Unfortunately I have no way to try this out as I don't own a 84+, the required transmitter, or even a RC boat! But from what I can see in the GIF, it looks and works very nice!

20,000 Loons Under the Sea:
I just love your 'loon' theme, it makes me smile Very Happy . Your game looks very good, the graphics are amazing! It also came with a Cesium icon so bonus points there. However, there are a few things I'd like to see added. A health bar, points (maybe? I know that's not the point of your game though). Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but after the opponents get half way across the screen they stop shooting. This allows me to just camp out in one spot until they pass then just drive (drive?) past.

Conclusion:
Although everyone had amazing entries, my vote finally goes to....
Myself.

Just Joking
I actually vote for Marianas by dankcalcualtorbro! Congrats!
Okay, my thoughts on the projects:

Marianas:
It's way too large of a file size and needs to be optimized as well as have more obstacles added. I think the concept and gameplay is okay, but needs to have balance changes.

High Seas:
I have a TI-84 Plus CE but I tried to run this anyway. I couldn't really play it because the Text( command is different on the two calcs. I liked the zooming out and in, and the whole game looked like a neat concept. Personally, I dislike when games are a bunch of programs, and this was a lot of programs, so I would suggest trying to compress that a little more.

World of Yum:
Hmm... "Variable received is an incompatible version". Well, I can't play it. Sorry. Again, I would try to compress this to one program and instead of having one program named "Fish" to handle the fish selection.

Escape the Buoy:
When I got to a point in the game and tried to use items from my inventory, I wasn't able to change what item was selected. Other than that, it was fun. It seemed like it might have been short to finish and once you did it would always play the same, but I didn't finish it (aforementioned problem) so I don't know. The cursor was a little annoying. I think you could have used the arrow keys and when the select something highlight it. Like TheL said, having things advance with the press of a button would be good.

Too Many Boats:
It seemed like a good concept executed as well as BASIC allows, especially the sprites. However, due to version differences I couldn't play it.

Calculator Controlled Boat using ArTICL:
Looks cool! That's about all I have to say, good job!

20,000 Loons Under the Sea:
I think you should be punished if you let enemies past you. Also, enemies stop shooting after a point and because you can just let them pass this made it easy just to camp. It was very good overall. It would be cool like in Galactica how your rate of fire is slowed when you are inaccurate. To stop people from bullet spamming.
Mine is 5.2 only!

(Sorry for crazy short post)
hmm, I think I can learn from dankcalculatorbro's post. I shouldn't have made this OS 5.2 only. I'll fix this in my next game. Smile
Well, version 5.2 adds a lot of useful and not-so-useful commands to TI-Basic, so everyone should update now, it only takes a few minutes!
Once again, congratulations to all Cemetech members who were able to complete an entry for the Water category. The official CC20 Water category winner is Iambian, with his entry 20,000 Loons Under the Sea.
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
Okay, my thoughts on the projects:

Escape the Buoy:
When I got to a point in the game and tried to use items from my inventory, I wasn't able to change what item was selected. Other than that, it was fun. It seemed like it might have been short to finish and once you did it would always play the same, but I didn't finish it (aforementioned problem) so I don't know. The cursor was a little annoying. I think you could have used the arrow keys and when the select something highlight it. Like TheL said, having things advance with the press of a button would be good.

You use the up/down keys in the inventory.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours