So what I'm looking for is this: Get the position via inString, see if it's acceptable (compare inString(Str0,++ or --)-1 with another string that has all acceptable chars "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ01234567890" and if the inString doesn't equal zero, Disp expr(Str0+1), or Str0-1 if --

I'll test this out Unless someone wants the credit and beats me to it, even though Kerm will get his name on the (now 2 page) help screen
A quick update: Updated the to do list (previous page), and this: I'm ONLY going to implement y= equations for now, unless others POST HERE suggesting additions to the graphing and/or BonziCE overall. I also accept PM.
I hate to say it, but people aren’t going to keep giving you snippets to use in your program. You have to write it yourself. The graphing thing isn’t even that hard. It only takes like 8 lines of code, then you have y= graphing, and every other type of 2d, flat graphing
True, but I was asking if anyone wanted me to implement other types of 2d graph types (Param, polar, etc) -- It'll probably happen anyways.
Here's a quick to do/ done list:
**Take a look at the to-do, feel free to put your opinions below!**
**Re-prioritized some stuff**

Key
Done
To-Do

Loading the program
Exiting
Loading/ saving of vars (A-Z, θ)
Help screen with implemented commands and credits
Settings menu
Var setup (A-Z, θ)
VAR==VALUE does VALUE->VAR
Clearing the vars in-program
Eval of basic math, trig, etc
Create/ set up the save list

jokes (I have ~12 so far)
Saving/ loading of settings from the settings screen

Graphing functions (what types should I support?)

++ and -- routines (for extra credit Smile ) (Integrated, now with real-time var updating! Razz)
APD in program
Adjust contrast in program (via use of an asm prgm)

Operations counter

adware

Draw the Bonzi monkey on-screen during loading of the program
Disable/Enable drawing of Bonzi monkey on the start screen during startup
Reset all settings to defaults feature
Uninstall (except for prgmBONZI) -- not documented in help screen

maybe the quit joke thing suggested by TLM (page 1 of this thread, iirc)

Any thing else that you guys suggest and I deem to be doable
(I'll edit this as time goes on and provided that I don't forget about this)
The increment and decrement operations are not possible without assembly, C, or potentially ICE subprograms. I have listed several issues with them before.

1) Detection. How do you know if I used the ++ or — operators in my program? If I have to call a program every time, I’d rather just use (var)+1->(var)
2) The -> Character. You cannot put the -> character into a string, so using methods like what Kerm suggested is not feasible.
3) Execution. No matter how you do it, using the increment or decrement operators is going to take more time than “the current method”.
4) Usage. They simply aren’t all that useful. I can easily do it in a smaller way, and you can too.

I suggest implementing the bitwise operators instead, those are immensely useful.
The C syntax seems to be pretty widespread, so use that: (modifying the characters slightly if necessary)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwise_operations_in_C

It still has some of the above problems, but it doesn’t have the “usage” problem.
Hate to be that one person but,

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
The increment and decrement operations are not possible without assembly, C, or potentially ICE subprograms. I have listed several issues with them before.
I made it in BASIC

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
1) Detection. How do you know if I used the ++ or — operators in my program? If I have to call a program every time, I’d rather just use (var)+1->(var)
inString(Str1,"++

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
2) The -> Character. You cannot put the -> character into a string, so using methods like what Kerm suggested is not feasible.
Then just use the long route: If Then Else Loops with proper Ends:

Code:
If inString(Str1,"++
Then
increment
Else:If inString(Str1,"--"
Then decrement
End:End

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
3) Execution. No matter how you do it, using the increment or decrement operators is going to take more time than “the current method”.
See #4's comment

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
4) Usage. They simply aren’t all that useful. I can easily do it in a smaller way, and you can too.
Is there anything wrong in making it unique? Smile Besides, I don't think anyone else has done so before!

**SM84CE hides

Code:
Monkey Drawer code
[[20,20,20,20,21,20,20,19,13,13,20,20,20,20,20,20][20,20,20,20,20,21,21,19,19,19,19,20,20,20,20,20][20,20,20,20,20,20,20,19,13,13,20,20,20,20,20,13][20,20,20,20,13,20,20,20,19,13,13,20,13,13,20,13][20,20,13,13,20,13,20,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13][20,13,20,21,20,20,13,13,20,20,20,13,13,20,13,13][20,13,21,12,20,12,13,20,20,20,20,20,13,20,20,13][13,13,20,20,20,12,13,20,20,20,21,20,13,20,20,20][20,13,21,12,20,12,13,20,20,20,20,20,13,20,20,13][20,13,20,21,20,20,13,13,20,20,20,13,13,20,13,13][20,20,13,13,20,13,20,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13,13][20,20,20,20,13,20,20,20,13,13,13,20,13,13,20,13][20,20,20,17,20,20,20,13,13,13,20,20,20,20,20,13][20,20,14,14,14,20,20,13,13,20,20,20,20,20,20,20][20,17,17,17,14,17,13,13,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20][20,20,14,14,17,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20]]->[A]
[A]->[B]
[A]^^T->[A]

For(X,1,16
   For(Y,1,16
      Pxl-On(X+78,Y+A,[A](X,Y
   End
End

What I'm trying to do is to take the pixel version (run the code to see it) then blow it up by a factor of 3. That is what I'm trying to put on the graphscreen, via the use if pt-On('s
Any way to do this with a pt-On( ?? My attempts don't work, I've tried transpose the rowSwap, but it doesn't work. Any help?
1) I assumed you would be having it as a helper in programs, as why would I use the ++ and -- operators on the homescreen, besides a few limited applications. (I still want bitwise operators though, those are Useful, with a capital U.)
2) #1 (btw, writing that manually will make you want to never write a BASIC program again. I came *that* close to the border once...)
3 & 4) There is nothing wrong with making it unique. (I tried making unique programs once, then people told me it wasn't unique, and found like 5 different apps that did the same thing :/) I am thinking from a practical perspective. If I am trying to do something, would I do it the slow way, or the faster way? (If this weren't a rhetorical question, I would pick the former, by the looks of my programs Smile)

If you set xMin to 0, yMin to 0, set xMax to 264/(width of a pt-On command thing, in pixels), and set yMax to 164/(height of a pt-On command thing, in pixels), the code will work. (also, matrices suck.)

*** _iPhoenix_ runs for the hills
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
1) I assumed you would be having it as a helper in programs, as why would I use the ++ and -- operators on the homescreen, besides a few limited applications. (I still want bitwise operators though, those are Useful, with a capital U.)
2) #1 (btw, writing that manually will make you want to never write a BASIC program again. I came *that* close to the border once...)
3 & 4) There is nothing wrong with making it unique. (I tried making unique programs once, then people told me it wasn't unique, and found like 5 different apps that did the same thing :/) I am thinking from a practical perspective. If I am trying to do something, would I do it the slow way, or the faster way? (If this weren't a rhetorical question, I would pick the former, by the looks of my programs Smile)

If you set xMin to 0, yMin to 0, set xMax to 264/(width of a pt-On command thing, in pixels), and set yMax to 164/(height of a pt-On command thing, in pixels), the code will work. (also, matrices suck.)

*** _iPhoenix_ runs for the hills

1. I see what you mean, this is going to be integrated into BonziCE
2. I actually found it fun and challenging to create, also the joy when "2++" returns "3" and not "ERROR: DOMAIN" or "ERROR: SYNTAX"
3&4. Porting a C feature to BASIC and not giving up halfway through does seem fun and a first...

I would have used lists, but that meant more loops, I made the matrix thing work though, so TheLastMillennial will get his on-screen monkey! Smile
I was hoping for strings Razz
++ and -- detection is strings, if that makes you happy...
Hey hey hey!!! A quick progress update: ++ and -- works and has been integrated successfully! A beta will be coming soon, as well as a screenshot!
Here's another quick progress update: I'll be adding an option to draw the monkey on startup or not, and will be adding in graphing (y=) support. I've been busy with school so... We'll see how that works!

Another quick update: I fixed a small bug in my Charge Date Manager for the CE and CSE, see the first page of this thread for the link!
We'll be wanting betas...

Hope to see more come from this!!!
I'll probably skip the beta phase, because I add a bunch of features and most of them are in progress. If I do release a beta, it will probably not have graphing abilities. Also, I've paused this/ slowed the development process of this so that I can finish up a port of my Temperature Checker CE to ICE. That will be keeping many features that are in the BASIC version, and I will not add anything, unless you guys have any feasible feature suggestions. These may push the development time, depending on if I need to figure out methods of implementation. Also, I'll probably not need beta testers, as PT_ "volunteered" himself to beta test!! (no, there will be NO RAM clears with the test version. Crashing the calc will be for my tests... )
Can I volunteer? I love messing up my calculator!
Sure, but it's fine to keep src in ram -- I used FileIO to arc the SRC on run and unarc before a safe exit, so if the calc ever forces a reset, the src will be intact. I want features to add!! BRING IT ON!!! (I actually need to add more, so beta isn't ready yet)
Can you explain again all of BonziCE's planned features and functions?
ok, I've paused BonziCE to finish TempCheckCE ICE because I know that TempCheckCE ICE will be easy with randInt ICE. Don't worry, TempCheckCE ICE will be done soon!
TC CE ICE is done, and in the archives. Use pg. 1 of this thread to go to my ICE thread, and there is a link.

Also, updated the progress checklist (TODO, whatever...)
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=265288#265288

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours