Hey peeps!

I've decided to make cubetimer in ICE based on my basic version edited from APotato's. (Because of TI-Basic's limitations)
When ready, code will be posted here, but my main question and obstacle right now is...

HOW TO MAKE A TIMER W/O DECIMALS!!!!

I've been given solutions, but I'm still confused. I'd be happy if you'd explain them in this thread.
You can either use one of the 3 general timers (if you don't understand these, feel free to ask!), or use some 'tricks', like this:

Code:
0->COUNT
Repeat getKey
COUNT+1->COUNT
PrintUInt(COUNT/1000),4
PrintString(":")
PrintUInt(remainder(COUNT,1000),3)
End

This basically just counts up, and pretends it's a timer with milliseconds and whatever. Just try it out and see what it's doing (don't forget to erase the section).
Here's the link to the src and the compiled version of my demo.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g5XuhehofVUQZcR0qRUB3nw26TapioZo

PT_: I'll try that ASAP.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours