My Calculator often crashes, causing a ram clears, so I like to put my programs in archive. I have been using doors CS to execute an edit programs from archive. I like the simplicity of TI OS however. Are there any utilities other than Doors CS that can let me run and edit programs from the regular program menu?
Yup, there are shells that simply install a parser hook that will allow you to run programs from the homescreen even if they are archived.
There is a pretty popular app called Noshell that has been around for a long time and that does exactly what you want. Here is a link Smile
A useful solution without going to external software is the Group feature. If you "group" programs you make a backup of them, and if the calculator crashes, you can "ungroup" them to restore them. The backup is only as up-to-date as the last time you grouped them, though.
hexagonnoah2 wrote:
My Calculator often crashes, causing a ram clears, so I like to put my programs in archive. I have been using doors CS to execute an edit programs from archive. I like the simplicity of TI OS however. Are there any utilities other than Doors CS that can let me run and edit programs from the regular program menu?
I missed this the first time around! It's also worth mentioning that Doors CS has a feature called HomeRun that does what NoShell does: runs programs (even if they're ASM or archived) from the homescreen, so if you find the Doors CS desktop a little daunting, you don't need to go to it.
You can also use PHASM
Ummm.... PHASM = CE, post author = TI84+ (SE) iirc
Oh sorry....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours