Hi guys, robodragon1 here!
I've recently encountered a problem trying to log into the Cemetech Minecraft server. The error message is as follows :
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectedException: Connection refused

I've tried restarting my router, restarting Minecraft, Restarting my PC, and reinstalling MC entirely. I've also looked up the message on google, but all the results include solutions such as "restart the ports", "check SO_BACKLOG parameter", and "the server needs to reset its cache", but I have no idea what any of those mean or how to do any of those.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if I'm posting in the wrong format, I'm new to this and couldn't find a rules/formating post.

Thanks in advance!
robodragon1 wrote:
Hi guys, robodragon1 here!
I've recently encountered a problem trying to log into the Cemetech Minecraft server. The error message is as follows :
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectedException: Connection refused

I've tried restarting my router, restarting Minecraft, Restarting my PC, and reinstalling MC entirely. I've also looked up the message on google, but all the results include solutions such as "restart the ports", "check SO_BACKLOG parameter", and "the server needs to reset its cache", but I have no idea what any of those mean or how to do any of those.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if I'm posting in the wrong format, I'm new to this and couldn't find a rules/formatting post.

Thanks in advance!

I got the same error, it's just due to some unscheduled downtime, but the looks of it Smile
OK thanks. I'll try again in a little.

EDIT: Solved. Works perfectly now. Thanks!
robodragon1 wrote:
OK thanks. I'll try again in a little.

EDIT: Solved. Works perfectly now. Thanks!

It crashed again with "server closed"

Edit: Then, we got the same error: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectedException: Connection refused
Edit: "You are not white-listed on this server"
Yeah it crashed for me too. Same error messages

Edit: Now it says "Connection Throttled, Please Wait"
Why does this feel like an example of what will happen if Net Neutrality is axed?
*Imagines a prompt for a credit card to access servers*
Sorry guys, the server is currently in Whitelist after a series of crashes related to the Abba world; the world has been regenerated to see if the issue is "fixed". Once we're positive it won't happen I'll remove the whitelist.

In the meantime, a good place to check server status would be the Stats page. It'll tell you who is online as well as if the server is offline (such as if you think it crashed or can't connect).

Update: Whitelist is now off.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours