Fellow programmers,

I'm sorry if this has been addressed already... I tried, but couldn't find any posts about it. Please just point me in the right direction.

Anyways, has anyone tried using / programming the rover? It looks neat, but from what I gathered it can only be programmed through TI-BASIC and so I would expect it to be very slow... IT's quite pricey (about $130).

Thanks for any info...
I'm very curious to give it a try, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet. It's a lot like the Norland Robot you may have seen working with the older calculators; the link is to a sample TI-84 Plus CE that Rick over at Norland had been prototyping. I'm certainly curious to try it, as it seems that it has a good set of sensors on-board, and if you're already familiar with using the TI Innovator Hub, using the robot should be pretty intuitive.
At a show in France a few weeks ago, TI (France) was there to show the Rover and stuff, so we got to play with it and experiment with programs for it (and we'll continue to do so on the have we'll get very soon).
You can find some Basic programs for it simplified from the actual code that was actually on it, and videos showing what they do:
- shapes (drawing, if you put a pencil on it)
- obstacle detection
- a little dance

The original code for the CE is here: https://education.ti.com/-/media/ti/files/resources/rover/ti-innovator-rover-demo-programs-84.8xp

Note that with the TI-Nspire CX, Lua has APIs for direct USB ASI comm, so you can talk to it in a more low-level way.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours