Bug report:

length(OS_STRING) will always return zero, but length("STRING") works fine.

Code:
"This string is 34 characters long."->Str1
length(Str1)->LENGTH
PrintInt(LENGTH,4)     //Prints "0000"
PrintInt(length(Str1),4)     //Prints "0000"
PrintInt(length("This string is 34 characters long.",4)     //Prints "0034"
SM84CE wrote:
I was messing around with AppVars in ICE, I got it to successfully make AppVar "TEST", but when I did sum(4,"Testing ICE AppVars",19,2,A), the prgm compiled but crashed on execution. 'A' was the slot number, obtained via this code:

Code:
sum(1,"TEST","w+"
sum(1,"TEST","w+"->A

Am I doing something wrong with the Write part?

I think I should have resized the AppVar before doiing stuff to it... I feel dumb. Just Joking

Also, would I count the bytes of data I'm trying to write and use that for the "bytes" part? (lowercase = 2 bytes, UPPERCASE = 1 byte)?
Also, what is the "count" thing for? I know it it either 1,2, or 3 (iirc), but I don't know exactly what it is for.

Code:

sum(4,"DATA",SIZE,COUNT,SLOT)   Write   Writes COUNT times SIZE bytes from "DATA" to the variable in slot SLOT.
sum(11,SIZE,SLOT)   Resize   Resizes the variable in slot SLOT

I'll need a little more explanation for these above functions, please.
I've decided to stop working on ICE or any project for the next coming weeks/days (can't say exactly how long) due to some personal struggles and exams next week. Not sure how active I will be in this period. Sorry Sad
Help
____

How do you use loops
I was try id did not work here is the code

Code:
While 1
det(18,A,1,1)
if getkey(4)
1+A→A
if getkey(15)
goto ST
End
lbl ST
det(1

it did not work
Please help

Also...

Bug report
_________

If you do not have enough space on your calc ICE will not work>only compiling prgm

if you don't define the sprite in the correct way it will crash your calc and the charging light will turn on this is during compiling only

Ex.

Code:
definesprite(3,3,"123456789")→SPRITE

Please add

_________
Can you add command such as ":" and "Ans"
Add

Code:

:
Ans

Ex.

Code:
If K=10":"GOTO #

Ending
______
So far that's all love the program so far i just defining sprite should be easy basically using the colors used in the sprite 3.3 if that easy to program in it (LOVE THE PROGRAM)
Bug Report:
When using 'Call' (during compiling), ICE seems to crash with certain label names, and other times, it says: "label not found:", and then the label, but with an extra "T".
Can someone please fix this? Also: am I doing something wrong?
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
Bug Report:
When using 'Call' (during compiling), ICE seems to crash with certain label names, and other times, it says: "label not found:", and then the label, but with an extra "T".

Please be more clear. "certain label names" what label names? Also, be sure to download the latest version, the error message is now "Label ... not found!". Also, Call uses the same routine as Goto, so can you confirm that Goto is 'broken' as well?
PT_ wrote:
Bug Report:

Please be more clear. "certain label names" what label names? Also, be sure to download the latest version, the error message is now "Label ... not found!". Also, Call uses the same routine as Goto, so can you confirm that Goto is 'broken' as well?

Goto is not broken, certain labels meaning randomly, and yes, I have the latest version (.14).
Also, ICE also crashes on exit after a few tries (renaming the label)(it displays random text before it crashes).
I was compiling PT_'s version of TWHG, and it had an error, and then i pressed clear, and it froze on a purple/black/white screen and started becoming whiter and whiter until it reset. After it reset, programs I compiled before and were perfectly fine before were frozen on a screen with just the status bar.
PT_ wrote:
Bug Report:

Goto is not broken, certain labels meaning randomly, and yes, I have the latest version (.14).
Also, ICE also crashes on exit after a few tries (renaming the label)(it displays random text before it crashes).

Can you show me a GIF, or send me the program where it happens?

jcgter777 wrote:
I was compiling PT_'s version of TWHG, and it had an error, and then i pressed clear, and it froze on a purple/black/white screen and started becoming whiter and whiter until it reset. After it reset, programs I compiled before and were perfectly fine before were frozen on a screen with just the status bar.

I can sort of replicate this, that if the error is on the first line of a subprogram, it resets the calc, or whatever.
PT_ wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:

I can sort of replicate this, that if the error is on the first line of a subprogram, it resets the calc, or whatever.

Yes. I think that it was the first line of TWHGSPR.
This bug has been fixed, and I hope the Goto/Call/Lbl 'bugs' too.

https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE/releases/
YAY!!!
PT_ wrote:

Thank you PT_!
When I try to compile TWHGSRC, it gives the same error, and it still turns purple and white. But, when I fix [minY] to DefineSprite(, it compiles.
PT_ wrote:

Thank you PT_!

It now won't compile due to "label READ not found".
I have tried renaming the label, AND moving the entire subroutine, but it doesn't find the subroutine's label.
It says that a lbl does not exist when the label ACTUALLY EXISTS.
(This might be a bug with having too many subroutines...)
Also, PT_, when would it be possible to implement decimals into ICE? I can't make my CUBETIMER without it!Sad
jcgter777 wrote:
Also, PT_, when would it be possible to implement decimals into ICE? I can't make my CUBETIMER without it!Sad

Try multiplying the number by 1000, then dividing by 1000 to get seconds, then remainder 1000 to get milliseconds.

Code:

Lbl LOOP
Pause 1
T+1→T
det(19,1,1
det(15,T/1000,6
det(19,61,1
det(15,remainder(T,1000),3
Goto LOOP
jcgter777 wrote:
When I try to compile TWHGSRC, it gives the same error, and it still turns purple and white. But, when I fix [minY] to DefineSprite(, it compiles.

I've tracked down the bug, and finally figured out what the problem is. ICE didn't allocate enough memory to display the string "Compiling subprogram TWHGSPR...", which causes the program name to be overwritten, and thus causing the bug. Stupid me Razz I will release a new release soon!

It now won't compile due to "label READ not found".
I have tried renaming the label, AND moving the entire subroutine, but it doesn't find the subroutine's label.

Probably you did something wrong, because labels still work for me as it should.

jcgter777 wrote:

Never. Either I need to switch entirely to decimal numbers, or keep integers, and I prefer the latter one. I simply can't combine both. Say you have this code:

Code:
2->A

Is A now an integer or a float? I guess everyone says an integer. But what about this?

Code:
2->A
If B=3
    2.5->A
End

What is A now? An integer or a float? Nobody knows.
PT_ wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:

Never. Either I need to switch entirely to decimal numbers, or keep integers, and I prefer the latter one. I simply can't combine both. Say you have this code:

Code:
2->A

Is A now an integer or a float? I guess everyone says an integer. But what about this?

Code:
2->A
If B=3
    2.5->A
End

What is A now? An integer or a float? Nobody knows.

How would I make a timer then?
Is anyone willing to proofread the documentation? Would be highly appreciated! Smile
https://www.sharelatex.com/3124132521ftpnjjvjqkkn

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 21 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours