Is there a way to rotate a sprite or move the legs of the sprite without having to create many different sprites?
Sure, but only if you're using ICE v2.0 (if you didn't already). Check out FlipSpriteX and similar commands, something like det(64) and upwards. This little piece of code will flip a sprite:

Code:
DefineSprite(16,16,".....")->OLDSPRITE
DefineSprite(16,16)->NEWSPRITE
RotateSpriteC(OLDSPRITE,NEWSPRITE)

Currently you have to type out the det( commands though, because SC is temporarily downgraded to ICE v1.5, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Hope this helps! Smile
PT_ wrote:
Sure, but only if you're using ICE v2.0 (if you didn't already). Check out FlipSpriteX and similar commands, something like det(64) and upwards. This little piece of code will flip a sprite:

Code:
DefineSprite(16,16,".....")->OLDSPRITE
DefineSprite(16,16)->NEWSPRITE
RotateSpriteC(OLDSPRITE,NEWSPRITE)

Currently you have to type out the det( commands though, because SC is temporarily downgraded to ICE v1.5, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Hope this helps! Smile

Is the code you gave me for version 1.5. If I have version 2, do I just use flip sprite?:
This only works within ICE v2.0. Stop using v1.5, and switch to v2.0 if you didn't already. Wink
There are 5 commands to rotate sprites:
- FlipSpriteY
- FlipSpriteX
- RotateSpriteC
- RotateSpriteCC
- RotateSpriteHalf
You can even rotate and scale them at the same time, but that's a little bit harder.
PT_ wrote:
This only works within ICE v2.0. Stop using v1.5, and switch to v2.0 if you didn't already. Wink
There are 5 commands to rotate sprites:
- FlipSpriteY
- FlipSpriteX
- RotateSpriteC
- RotateSpriteCC
- RotateSpriteHalf
You can even rotate and scale them at the same time, but that's a little bit harder.

Ok thanks, I do in fact have version 2

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours